arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nvidia the Redemption: GPU passthrough
(04-30-2021, 11:36 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: I think yes we should be happy, in fact, I'm quite neutral. It's good that Nvidia brought this feature back. If I use VMs I'd definitely want my GPU power to be used inside of the container if I do need it that is. I wasn't aware of this to date, thanks to you I got to know of this. I run Docker containers on my PC which host Linux VMs, so they are mainly SSH controlled, therefore I never really installed a GUI. Even then, it's good to know of this so that I wouldn't have to run around if I would encounter the error. I'll update the drivers too. Thanks for the heads up.

GPU passthrough is a common use on VM that does calculations, you can think about render farms, scientific calculations. These places are ruled by AMD GPUs becayse they don't block such features on consumer hardware :=)

It is nice to see that we can again do such activities with Nvidia without the need to by a QUADRO. I am stilla bit mad because we had this feature on the past..
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nvidia the Redemption: GPU passthrough - by LightDestory - 04-30-2021, 12:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-02-2021, 04:08 PM
Last Post: debjit

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting