arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to install and run mysql server with phpmyadmin
1) phpMyAdmin is a unzip and use application that simply requires a working web server with PHP and a database server to that it can connect to manage it (can even be an external database server). You only need to configure a few things in its config.inc.php file and you are ready to go. Based on your screenshots you have installed phpMyAdmin and it is working.

Well, furthermore with newer versions of MySQL / MariaDB there is a need to create a special user in the datatabase server for phpMyAdmin to manage it as the root login is not longer accepted anywhere other than the direct localhost command line where the server is installed (its a security feature).

2) What is not working is your actual database server as can be seen in your logs and error messages of phpMyAdmin. Why your database server is not working is / might be hinted in the systemctl / journald logs you have provided:
/etc/init.d/mysql: WARNING: /etc/mysql/my.cnf cannot be read. See README.

This might say it is a warning but I would pay way more attention to it. The my.cnf file is the main database server configuration file that is needed to start up and configure the database server. It's even enough to have invalid configuration options in my.cnf and the database server will not work already. Your server seems to have some kind of issues with reading the my.cnf file.

Check if the my.cnf file exists in /etc/mysql and if its permission is set correct.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-27-2020, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Rehan
10-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting