arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands
(08-22-2020, 04:47 AM)xdude Wrote: BTW do you use the FingerPrint feature in your S7? Something I always wonder is what if something happens like a hardware failure or software problem related to the Finger Print scanner. Will we able to unlock the phone? haha
Haha .... no, I'm too much of a wimp to use it.  I was and am still dead scared that it may not read my finger print correctly and I may be permanently locked out of my phone.  I also have that feature available on my Xperia X phone (I am using two phones at the moment with the Xperia X being my more actively used one), but also decided not to use it.  To be truthful though, I mostly use my phone for real phone and WhatsApp with friends and family. Not as a computer. I do the odd searches when I'm at home as my WhatsApp and Google are completely set on WiFi. I also use the camera features on both quite frequently.  That is at least one thing I really like about Cell phones is the ability to take some really good pictures with phones. I don't use any data packages with my service providers. Only WiFi from home or really trusted sources, if I want to use the Internet with my phone outside home - which is very rarely the case.

(08-22-2020, 04:47 AM)xdude Wrote: Also, I heard Samsung has fixed old overheating problems and battery problems already. Their technology and features and everything are great. Just I can't justify the price when I can get most of those features for half the cost.
To be honest, my Samsung Galaxy S7 hasn't given a single problem since I purchased it.  The over heating you mention is the first I heard of it.  I haven't had any issues with it.  And also it was a second hand phone I purchased in 2016.  In the UAE you find many very rich Emiratis trading their very good and up to date models for better looking or newer models.  So you can end up with high quality second hand phones.  My Sony Xperia X however was brand-new - not nearby in the class of your Redmi, but OK for me.  What won it for me with the Xperia was the fantastic screen and color of the images - like Sony is always good with that.  And to be honest I've been using it since 2016, and so far haven't had any issues with even the battery (touch wood).  So who knows, maybe it depends on the use of a phone - like if someone should use the Samsung Galaxy S7 more heavy than I do, like play Games with it, it may develop overheating or battery issues.  Must say however, for me it's an excellent phone.  I love my Sony Xperia.  I also like my Samsung Galaxy S7.  I totally disliked my Apple 6 when I tested it in 2017.  I purchased two of them second hand, and after trying them out on and off for a year, I sold them.  I doubt I'll ever look in the direction of Apple again.  I definitely prefer the greater freedom with Android phones.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands - by deanhills - 08-23-2020, 01:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-14-2018, 05:31 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting