arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands
I bought my phone last year and I was in the same situation. In my budget I had these phones,

Google Pixel 3a, Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro, OnePlus 6T, Samsung Note 8 and Samsung S9.

I decided to go with OP6T with the major reason being It is considered as the best in performance and I don't regret my choice one bit, my initial choice was to go with Xiaomi 9T Pro however my dad said that Xiaomi may have problems in giving proper software updates and I should go for a reputable company that properly checks their software updates. (We had a Xiaomi TV Device that stopped functioning after installing one of the software updates), maybe he was right, maybe he was not, if u consider the phones spec to price ratio Xiaomi is probably the winnner and was my preference too.

Another factor, that comes into effect especially for people who are living in Pakistan is the FBR Tax that we have to pay. Our country puts special taxes on phones brought from foreign countries (Basically every phone as there are no smartphone assembly plants here lol...), and even right now my phone is blocked because I have not paid taxes for it. The reason I did not pay taxes was that they were demanding 23,000 rupees in taxes while the phone originally costed me 50,000 Rs. As you can see no sane mind would want to half the phone's value in taxes.

As conclusion, I'd prefer you either go with Xiaomi or if you are looking for long term support go with the Pixel budget series. The reason being that Huawei has problems with the US and many apps which use Google Services won't work on Huawei smartphones.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands - by Honey - 08-24-2020, 06:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-14-2018, 05:31 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting