arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands
(01-29-2021, 09:43 AM)deanhills Wrote: No doubt Biden is going to try to be "not Trump" in some of his decisions, like trying to make a point how bad Trump was and how much better Biden's decisions are.  But with Huawei Huawei was in breach of Government legislation that has to do with the ban of trade with Iran. Then when they started to investigate a can of worms started to open up with some of the dealings that were illegal including his daughter. She was arrested in Canada in 2018 - probably out by now as she was assisted by a very large team of lawyers of the most expensive and best there were - but her illegal and fraudulent dealings with banks landed her in trouble. It's going to be very tricky to remove the ban though with everything that came out about their dealings that broke the laws. And who knows, maybe after everything that went down, Huawei may not want to dance to Google's tunes any longer.  They're now comfortable with their own and their users too. What I can see however is that maybe they'll create a different product by a different company for launching in the US if the US lifts its ban.  And we'll never really know it's a "recreated Huawei for US".

Huawei is doing very well in South Africa presently.  It's one of the leading and affordable quality products. When I was in Canada, it was the same there too.  They make a really good product that is affordable for most. Xiaomi is also starting to make headways too as it is a quality product.  The present South African Government seems to be very cozy with China Government and not so cozy with the US.  Possibly one will find this to be the case too with a few other African countries, as Africa is being invaded with China trade.  Like a neo-colonialization by China. Hopefully Biden will be more positive in trying to improve relationships in Africa, as Trump was openly critical of Africa and created bad diplomacy for the US in Africa.

Hmm I see, well Huawei(Especially Huawei's sub-company Honor)  was very popular here(Pakistan) before the ban, and was preferred due to their good performance for the cost. However, after the ban only the older models (with Android) are still preferred..

Are the people in SA/CA really comfortable without Play Store? I mean there must be only a limited number of applications in Huawei's store. I heard recently that Huawei has decided to sell Honor to a USA Firm, which is a sign I guess that the company is loosing their foothold...
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands - by Honey - 01-29-2021, 01:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-14-2018, 05:31 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting