arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands
(01-29-2021, 01:06 PM)Honey Wrote: Are the people in SA/CA really comfortable without Play Store? I mean there must be only a limited number of applications in Huawei's store. I heard recently that Huawei has decided to sell Honor to a USA Firm, which is a sign I guess that the company is loosing their foothold...
I don't think anybody in South Africa cares that much.  It's the first time I heard of Honor though.  Maybe selling Honor to a company in the US could be like a Trojan Horse to get Huawei up and running in the US again.  Under a different trade name.  I'm just thinking out loud now.  Not sure how Huawei will proceed.

(01-30-2021, 02:45 AM)xdude Wrote: I don't know about other brands but I think Huawei and Xiaomi are moving toward the quality phone brands, that's if they are already not there. They have already done very well at budget and medium level phone markets. I don't think they are at the same level as Apple and Samsung when it comes to flagship-level phones since these later brands have many new technologies they prefer not to share or sell. Ofc there are plenty of cheap and terrible not so well known Chinese phone brands. But I'm just talking about these 2 brands plus Oppo.

I totally agree.  Definitely in Canada the top models of Huawei are seen as top quality and popular among Android geeks.  Xiaomi is lesser known, but every one is aware of it and taking note of those who are using it for feedback.  Ditto South Africa, although I think South Africa has maybe a longer history of favouring Huawei than Canada.  Canada is a strange country cell phone wise, as the cell phone carriers in Canada are fearful of US competition, so are in essence protected by the Canadian Government.  Up to a couple or more years ago, it was very difficult to buy a phone with a loose SIM, one had to work through the carriers only.  Only way one could get a cell phone that was not networked with a cell phone company, was to get a second hand phone in the back streets of a city that has been worked over by android geeks.  Nowadays though, last 2 to 3 years, it's become a little easie.  They're getting there.  Tongue
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands - by deanhills - 01-30-2021, 11:52 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-14-2018, 05:31 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting