arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands
(01-29-2021, 07:59 AM)Honey Wrote: Precisely my point, the trade ban was USA showing domination to China however in the long term It has forced China to prepare itself for such bans in the future and prepare themselves to have alternates of everything that is based in USA. Ultimately It will benefit them when they've fully prepared alternates of all things.

I beleive the new administration by Biden has agreed to review the Huawei ban, however I doubt he'll remove it now. (especially because he'll need to consult with allies). Huawei has still yet to recover from the ban however, due to Google's Domination in Android, many users are reluctant to switch to other services, especially due to lack of trust in Chinese built software. Majority are still content to go with other chinese brands like Xiaomi/OPPO (rightfully so), because of the lack of google services in Huawei.

I think after the Huawei ban It is clear that until Huawei's ban is lifted, Its not suitable to purchase Huawei right now especially if you're extra reliant on Google Services (most of us are nowadays), Xiaomi is the number one brand I'd recommend as they provide the best bang for the buck imo

Agreed, President Biden is on top of reviewing some of the bans placed on China and products from their market. I do know that Huawei is working on a new Android alternative called HarmonyOS which sounds like will be the OS that will be stock on their handsets going forward. I think one of the biggest peaks to HarmonyOS is that using a protocol similar to Apple's Universal users will be able to use native Android APKs on the os in what seems to be an emulated mode. Another option I have seen my friends who have Huawei devices in America who have not been able to get updates since the ban was turning to CyanogenMod or I guess now LineageOS.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Xiaomi vs Huawei and other budget brands - by tbelldesignco - 01-30-2021, 09:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-14-2018, 05:31 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting