arrow_upward

Google or FB Review as the Link requirement
@rudra

I hear you. Well, let me explain each of your points.

Quote:Also after you are done rating a host once, what are you to do for the next month and the next?

You don't do anything once you are done with the review. That's it. It's the same as back-links. You don't do think every month once you add the link, do you?

Quote:But then I wonder if this will become a system to earn 5-star rating

Yes, it will be. But in a legit way. You get a VPS and you use it for a month. Then you write a review about it. That's pretty much testimonial is about. New providers need these since they won't get any at begin of their business. Even for a seasoned provider, these are quite valuable. This is a very legit way to do it rather than buying fake reviews. If you request another VPS later then you write one about that too. Just because you get a different VPS won't change your previous experience, will it?

Quote:What if you are angry now and do a negative rating from another account.

Let's face it. This can happen even without having this rule. Anyone can go and rant about what want and nothing can be done with it. That's life. But I haven't seen something like that happen here. I haven't seen anyone rant about a sponsor even after getting a suspension. Because usually, these happen because something member had done knowingly or unknowingly.

Quote:What I am saying is that is a can of worms that we probably do not want to open... both for ourselves and the hosts..

Not really. This is something already out there. We do it or don't still it will be out there. The point is it will help these providers more than what we offer here. We can just ask sponsors if they want it or not. if someone doesn't want we can skip. I highly double anyone would.

Quote:I do understand where you are coming from. You do not want shadow hosting to go away as well
Actually no. That's not the reason. I do have my paid servers. I can move everything in within an hour of notice to those. It's not like this is my lifeline or anyone. My concern is 2 fold. What we offer them as benefits are kinda totally outdated package. I know this practice since my work is related to it. and I truly want to find a way to give something sponsors. The second reason is sponsors have slowly started understanding it and this has happened for a while now. Hostlease has told this point-blank.  no need to beat around the bush it. Sponsors are not here just for charity. They expect something in return. This is why I opened my previous topic about How to Support Sponsors. Everyone agreed with me but we didn't get any practical suggestions there. and It's no point closing door after the horse has left the stable.

@deanhills

I understand the concern about English and writing. I think @rudra did voice this too. But the beauty of this is it's really not a big deal. If someone can write a few senses in the level of English we have in this forum then it's more than enough. Actually I would encourage them to get few of these in their local languages. For example, @Manal is from India. He uses a data center in Pune too, I think. So if any Indian look for hosting from India and if they search Google local search, Those reviews written in Hindi would be a good boost. Remember product reviews are not all about SEO. it's more about advertising. If you guys still worry then members can post review first in our private support forum.

About reviewing in other sites. Well, it's good. But here I'm talking about Google and Facebook Product Reviews. These are the 2 sites where you get most of the traffic today. Even just a 5-star rating in one of these sites are more important than long quora of reviews. I don't like their monopoly but this is how it works. This is all about trying to give the best for sponsors rather than going against the trends. I like Quora too as the third option but, I don't want to mess with them.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Google or FB Review as the Link requirement - by xdude - 08-29-2020, 06:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-05-2020, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt
07-31-2019, 10:45 AM
Last Post: tryp4vps
07-29-2019, 09:42 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting