arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VPS control Panel Comparisons (FREE)
(04-03-2021, 03:44 PM)TrK Wrote: Ah, i remember that one they fixed with an emergency patch after reported but as i always say better safe than sorry so i just had my phpadmin access and process killed right after i am done with it, sometimes even not bothering to install at all. I've heard about appnode and i do believe appnode and Baota share some short of same base. Comes to freemium model aapanel i guess doesn't have freemium as i didn't encountered any limitations as of yet but appnode is different story as i am not familiar with the source i don't want to get too close with it.
As for ajenti, for me it was really great until it worked for me as you might have guessed i shifted to aapanel just because of customizations it offered apparently i can't recall ajenti x but there was ajenti v but it's code is highly outdated and i won't recommend anyone to use it for anything at all but their ajenti v2 is really something for standalone devs or server management needs.

For your guys information aapanel installation script does indeed have another thing you guys might as well know or should def know it, during the installation the scripts fetch and send your server ip to be logged or count on baota/aapanel servers, they say they only collect this information to count total servers running their software or package while some will say it's questionable apart from few panel most of available panels(commercial and free) do that in some way just not telling you how and why.

Yeah,BaoTa is opensource while appnode seems to be closed source(I didn't see the repo) .BaoTa only charges for the premium plugins while appnode charges forvsome functionalities/limit-removal.I've mentioned amh(amh.sh) in my reply and seems they only limit the use of plugins too however it might be another close source.But Baota and appnode are all out-of-the-box panels for web hosting(while I think appnode is friendlier for newbies like me) and AMH acts like webmin.

Thanks for the thoughts on Ajenti.I misrembered the panel name but it seems I will switch to another one as it is old(I am mainly attracted by the LAMP environment).Seems you can use webmin to build an environment similar to LAMP - just install them separately and you can config them.

And I noticed there is something called OneInStack,and looks like it's a command-line web host tool,which is not suitable for me.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .

Messages In This Thread
VPS control Panel Comparisons (FREE) - by TrK - 03-31-2021, 05:36 AM
RE: VPS control Panel Comparisons (FREE) - by TrK - 03-31-2021, 12:17 PM
RE: VPS control Panel Comparisons (FREE) - by TrK - 04-02-2021, 04:02 AM
RE: VPS control Panel Comparisons (FREE) - by TrK - 04-03-2021, 03:44 PM
RE: VPS control Panel Comparisons (FREE) - by mzltest - 04-03-2021, 04:56 PM
RE: VPS control Panel Comparisons (FREE) - by TrK - 04-07-2021, 07:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting