arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fix mysql errors in phpmyadmin when importing a database
@Mashiro

Not sure whether you can help in this. I Googled the issue almost to death and didn't get anywhere. I'm a real noob with tinkering under the phpmyadmin dashboard. My limits are editing user and domain info and passwords.

Today I was testing the functionality of cpanel. So while doing that I thought to reinstall an old phpBB Forum I'd rolled up a few months ago. I thought that would give a few functions of the panel a good workout.

Add on domain worked great. Folders were fine. Except interestingly, in this particular cpanel the folder for the add on domain was created on the same level as public_html and not as a sub-directory inside public_html.

Next workout was to create an empty mysql database and to import my old phpBB database into it. And that's where I got stuck. I did everything correct. According to the book. However an error came up about using "pass" instead of "password" (refer exact wording below). I get it that the wording has changed in more recent databases to full password. However, how does one fix that error in the backup SQL database one imports. I tried to tick a box during the import so it would ignore the error, and it did complete the import then (or so it looked), however when I checked there was zero MB content in it - it basically only imported the structure of the database. Is there a way that I could edit an old database where "pass" is used instead of "password", or is there a database checker somewhere where one can fix errors before one imports the database?

BTW I tried this in two different host's cpanels and the exact same errors came up. This is the error that came up:

Quote:Warning: Using unique option prefix pass instead of password is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use the full name instead.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
How to fix mysql errors in phpmyadmin when importing a database - by deanhills - 11-25-2020, 09:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-27-2020, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Rehan
10-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: deanhills
10-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Rzarcasm

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting