arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fix mysql errors in phpmyadmin when importing a database
You were dead right @Mashiro.  The simplest solution was to edit the sql file.  I thought I couldn't do it manually and that I had to look for a conversion tool somewhere.  Finally after hours of trying to find a solution how to make the changes, like a database fixer, it turned out to be a very simple solution.

Step 1:  Unzip the .sql.gz folder.
Step 2:  Open the .sql file in NotePad ++
Step 3:  The first line in the sql data base said:

Quote:Warning: Using unique option prefix pass instead of password is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please use the full name instead.

I removed that line

Step 4:  I did find = pass and replace = password  

I had to massage it though as there were instances of password and NotePad then doubled it up.  So I had to use different ways of cleaning it up until when I tried find = pass again I found all instances to be a clean password replacement.

Step 4: I then saved the file.

Then when I imported it to the cpanel phpmyadmin, I didn't do it in zipped, but in .sql format.  And there were no issues.  It imported perfectly this time round.

What a relief!  And another lesson learned for a phpmyadmin noob.  I was looking for complicated solutions, and it was dead simple in the end.   Tongue
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to fix mysql errors in phpmyadmin when importing a database - by deanhills - 11-26-2020, 12:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-27-2020, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Rehan
10-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: deanhills
10-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Rzarcasm

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting