arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fix mysql errors in phpmyadmin when importing a database
@Mashiro  I had an interesting experience tonight with the database of my phpBB Forum.  I've been trying to upgrade my previous installation 3.0 to 3.3, and everything went well except for upgrading the database.  So tonight I deleted everything and thought to start again.  One thing I did was to go to the original database before I edited it in NotePad ++.  I only deleted the error note about replacing pass with password.  I didn't do any of the replacements.  And woe behold.  That worked too.  No errors came up when I imported the database.

I'm still uploading all of the folders after I deleted the installation completely.  However, while I'm waiting I'm wondering whether the database issue could have something to do with my php version and the mysql driver indicated in my config.php file.  The version of my php is PHP 7.3.17RC1 (cli) (built: Mar 31 2020 15:20:37) ( NTS )

The version of my mysql is mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.62, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

Here are the config file contents that are needed - the driver says mysql should it be mysqli? I found the documentation below for phpBB drivers:

https://area51.phpbb.com/docs/code/3.2.x...river.html

Quote:// phpBB 3.2.x auto-generated configuration file
// Do not change anything in this file!
$dbms = 'phpbb\\db\\driver\\mysql';  
$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbport = '';
$dbname = 'database name';
$dbuser = 'user name';
$dbpasswd = 'password';
$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
$phpbb_adm_relative_path = 'adm/';
$acm_type = 'phpbb\\cache\\driver\\file';

@define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
// @define('PHPBB_DISPLAY_LOAD_TIME', true);
@define('PHPBB_ENVIRONMENT', 'production');
// @define('DEBUG_CONTAINER', true);
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to fix mysql errors in phpmyadmin when importing a database - by deanhills - 11-27-2020, 06:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-27-2020, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Rehan
10-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: deanhills
10-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Rzarcasm

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting