arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fix mysql errors in phpmyadmin when importing a database
(11-28-2020, 02:11 PM)deanhills Wrote: Right again thx @Mashiro.  I figured it out, so my new strategy was to upload the backup exactly as it was with the previous version of phpBB - not an upgrade but a copy of the backup, and to install a new database, importing the old database. And to edit the config file with the new info. Everything looked fine.  Except I had created the Forum with php 5.4  and my VPS is on php 7.3.  The first error that came up was that mysql extension was not loaded.  I then found that it got deprecated with php 7.0.  

I really feel sorry for serious phpBB Forum Admin. I read through some of the support responses, and what Forum owners have to go through with the php upgrade even before they get to battle with the phpBB upgrade.

So what I basically need to do is downgrade my php, which I really don't want to do, as I have other Websites that were created with php 7.3.  And I'm happy, as I think it is the php version to be on.

I need to figure out another way to do this without needing to tinker with my php version.  In the meanwhile I removed the whole installation again.  Back to the drawing board.

You might wanna try this - https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi...#p14729581 - which is basically after you manage to import your backup on an installation using PHP 5.x first, then switch and follow their steps. Smile
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to fix mysql errors in phpmyadmin when importing a database - by Sn1F3rt - 11-30-2020, 04:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-27-2020, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Rehan
10-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: deanhills
10-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Rzarcasm

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting