arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fix mysql errors in phpmyadmin when importing a database
(11-30-2020, 04:02 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: You might wanna try this - https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi...#p14729581 - which is basically after you manage to import your backup on an installation using PHP 5.x first, then switch and follow their steps. Smile

Thx for the info @sohamb03  It was a bit more challenging than that.  My backup was old backup from a different server.  So my initial challenge was to get the forum up and running first.  I did all of that on my VPS 9, and then when I realized the issue with php version (my VPS 9 is on php 7.3), I didn't want to change it to php 5.4.  Up to that point I had still been unable to get my Forum up and running again.

Everything changed when I moved to my Limitless Shared Hosting Account with cPanel.  Moving the folders and files with File Manager was like a breeze.  And changing php 7.3 to php 5.4 dead easy.  At the time I only had one WordPress blog on the shared hosting account, so didn't have to worry about many other Websites, like I had on my VPS.  Once I had my shared hosting account on php 5.4 I was able to get the Forum up and running again.  

Then the huge challenge came with upgrading the Forum which for phpBB is never easy, but in my case there was also the issue with php.  Which with the shared hosting account and the magic of cpanel I managed to overcome hurdle by hurdle.  The real challenge with the upgrade was to update the database that had been created in an php 5.4 environment.  And there were also issues with the phpBB extensions.  I discovered that before doing the upgrade one should not only disable all of the extensions, but remove them too.  So since I had not, it took plenty of massaging of the database and truncating the extensions table in the database to finally get the phpBB upgrade process to allow me to update the database.  I finally after going through many loops got a link for updating the database, it came up with more popups for needing this or the other php extension.  Such as mysqli etc.  But fortunately with every stumbling block there was another phpBB support request where some or other solution had been presented, and did or did not work.  

I've got a soft spot for phpBB as it was the very first Forum I had posted in, with Frihost.com.  Frihost came to an end towards end of 2018, regrettably. So in a moment of being sentimental I tried to get the Forum backup up and running again. In the end it became a challenge and a phpBB upgrade project. Now I'm having fun with adding more extensions. Tongue
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to fix mysql errors in phpmyadmin when importing a database - by deanhills - 11-30-2020, 04:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-27-2020, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Rehan
10-07-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: deanhills
10-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Rzarcasm

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting