arrow_upward

Pages (4):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favorite Free Forum Script & Why ?
This is a common question in web master forum and it's kinda a question all forums have. If this question was asked 5-6 years ago I would say it's SMF but now I'm a big fan of myBB. Main reason is it's lot easy to deal with core and plugins unlike in SMF. Also myBB has lots of nice plugins which are easy to install. Only downsize I have seen in myBB is lack of really nice free themes.

I tried to used phpBB long time ago but I had kinda too many problems while trying to install and also I was told too many people it has lots of security problems.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

plugins in smf is a way easy than mybb its upload and done.
here do you have to login your mybb and extract it and take more time than smf.
I like only mybb forums because its a good software to use. Admin control panel is also good. lots of plugins are available in mybb community.
I prefer MyBB from free forum softwares. Reasons are same as yours. Other than I prefer VBulletin. It has some advanced themes and plugins and once you got used to it, It's easy to use.
I myself prefer MyBB. I was an avid user of phpBB before. Once I tried MyBB I fell in love with it.
Not only it's system is easier to use, but it's more familiar for vB users (IMO).

My friends who were once moderators/admins on a gaming forum I managed were saying MyBB is easier to use than phpBB (They were using it for over a year I think).

Haven't tried SMF that much but my first impression of it is its better than phpBB but MyBB is still better IMO.
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
Just going through the above comments its easy to know MyBB is perfect, I realised it earlier that it have that much capacity to enhance the features.
It is easy to customize as well, on 2012 or before I remember using MyBB and I completely changed the looks and the users were asking me which script it is. Big Grin

Thank you  Sweet

Mybb is the only forum i like most, fost, easy to customize, lots of plugins and themes and much more
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
Does it have to be a script?? My favorite forum SOFTWARE would be Discourse, it's beautiful, easy to use, large community, and getting more popular. However my favorite script would be Vanilla, it's a very modern software, that's incredibly extensible. Communities like LowEndTalk use it. I once used phpBB but after a while I gave up on it, it's way too ugly and too hard to customize (and update once you have more than 5 plugins).
(09-27-2015, 05:17 PM)karatekidmonkey Wrote: Does it have to be a script?? My favorite forum SOFTWARE would be Discourse, it's beautiful, easy to use, large community, and getting more popular. However my favorite script would be Vanilla, it's a very modern software, that's incredibly extensible. Communities like LowEndTalk use it. I once used phpBB but after a while I gave up on it, it's way too ugly and too hard to customize (and update once you have more than 5 plugins).

Interesting concept they have at Discourse. I think it's really good a support forum rather than community forum. It always gives me a feeling of Yahoo answers site. What I didn't know is even Twitter use it !  >> Link  Also some other big brands.

But I think I saw somewhere in their site says minimum requirement is vps with 1GB RAM.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(09-28-2015, 04:32 AM)xdude Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 05:17 PM)karatekidmonkey Wrote: Does it have to be a script?? My favorite forum SOFTWARE would be Discourse, it's beautiful, easy to use, large community, and getting more popular. However my favorite script would be Vanilla, it's a very modern software, that's incredibly extensible. Communities like LowEndTalk use it. I once used phpBB but after a while I gave up on it, it's way too ugly and too hard to customize (and update once you have more than 5 plugins).

Interesting concept they have at Discourse. I think it's really good a support forum rather than community forum. It always gives me a feeling of Yahoo answers site. What I didn't know is even Twitter use it !  >> Link  Also some other big brands.

But I think I saw somewhere in their site says minimum requirement is vps with 1GB RAM.

Pretty sweet huh? However, I really think it's the opposite. Vanilla and MyBB are good support forums, and Discourse is a really discussion platform. 
They SAY it's 1GB RAM, but I've gotten it to work on a box with 512MB RAM (although a major issue that arose was that email notifications did not work).
Pages (4):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
08-22-2019, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Mashiro
02-20-2019, 04:49 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting