arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do you get top level domains (TLD) for free?
Star 
I am currently hosting my gaming site and I am aiming to increase the number of players on my server. I am currently a student and I don't have that much money. I know the existence of freenom and dot.tk but the domains they give don't show up on search engines. 

I want to get a top level domain such as .com and .org for free like by posting a certain amount of posts per month. Do you know any sites that do this kind of service?

Thank you!
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
dot.tk will take action on your domain if them get popular.

in my advise do get a domain name at great price is
https://www.domcomp.com/

you can get a domain very cheap, less than 1$ and have the domain in your controll is very inportant, just image you have all site backup weekly, if some goes wrong you can get a new hosting and update, domain is your brand!
so please invest 1$ and get some cool to your project.
There's freenom.com and dot.tk which provides tlds, however, they're highly disrecommended as they might cancel your domain at any time without a notice. Buying a cheap domain is much better than getting it free.
Buy a .ru or .su domain for just about  1-2 US dollar per year.

Or you can register or EU.ORG subdomain, but this will not be really your own, so they can cancel it anytime, although they didn't do such in the past +10 years, but no guarantee.

I'm also interested in this topic.
What other extensions do you know that are cost less than 2 US dollars per year? 
And not just for the first year, write renewal prices.
check namecheap's 88 domain sale, and i suggest you eu.org if you want to use a domain for free. And for cheapest domain i'll recommend you namesilo(they are cheaper then namecheap for new users they also give $1 off with coupon "newonsilo" without quotes).

Check here to check more free subdomain providers https://post4vps.com/thread-316.html
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
If you can afford just a 1$ then I would go for Godaddy. Right now there is a Domain registration promo for just 1 USD. You have one whole year after that to find renewal fee of $10 - $14. That shouldn't be hard. This is the best option for you rather than getting one of those free names which you won't own.

Once you get the .com make a plan to getting the domain renewed. These days you can find Hosting for free so that's only thing you need to worry about. You can do all kinda stuff to raise some money for future renewals once you get it registered. selling ad space, asking for domains etc.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

freenom.com is good.. sometimes they cancel your domain.. but i think they stop doing that Smile try it

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

i come here again, and again will say

invest 1 dollar in your brand, or 1 euro if you are from europe.

domain is the name will be showed to your clients or visits.

! !
(02-07-2017, 09:10 AM)TrK Wrote: check namecheap's 88 domain sale, and i suggest you eu.org if you want to use a domain for free. And for cheapest domain i'll recommend you namesilo(they are cheaper then namecheap for new users they also give $1 off with coupon "newonsilo" without quotes).

Check here to check more free subdomain providers https://post4vps.com/thread-316.html

I forgot about eu.org xD I remember going on their site a few years back but I never went back there.

I just registered on eu.org. Hopefully by the time I get home I will be able to set up the DNS on my VPS and register a domain on eu.org.
(02-07-2017, 10:34 AM)xdude Wrote: If you can afford just a 1$ then I would go for Godaddy. Right now there is a Domain registration promo for just 1 USD. You have one whole year after that to find renewal fee of $10 - $14. That shouldn't be hard. This is the best option for you rather than getting one of those free names which you won't own.

Once you get the .com make a plan to getting the domain renewed. These days you can find Hosting for free so that's only thing you need to worry about. You can do all kinda stuff to raise some money for future renewals once you get it registered. selling ad space, asking for domains etc.
The problem is my gameserver is quite small. I can't afford 10$ renewals at this rate.

Overall, please don't mention freenom or any paid domain website. I already mentioned I don't like freenom and I dont have a budget to spend on a domain name.
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
(02-08-2017, 03:38 AM)Golden Wrote: I forgot about eu.org xD I remember going on their site a few years back but I never went back there.

I just registered on eu.org. Hopefully by the time I get home I will be able to set up the DNS on my VPS and register a domain on eu.org.
The problem is my gameserver is quite small. I can't afford 10$ renewals at this rate.

Overall, please don't mention freenom or any paid domain website. I already mentioned I don't like freenom and I dont have a budget to spend on a domain name.

afther invest 1 dollar make sence you work bit more for your project.
Afther registre you have 12 months to save 10 dollar to renew and keep work on your brand bruv
Pages (3):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-19-2019, 04:55 PM
Last Post: xdude
07-04-2019, 06:02 AM
Last Post: deanhills
04-28-2019, 07:30 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting