arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello there, well i've been around for a while and i currently started a samp server, for fun , im trying to check for a webhosting i mean a domain maybe anyone of you can help me find something maybe, my country doesnt allow me to pay throught paypal or credit bank since im not 18 y/o yet ,Does anyone know a free domain hoster like .com/net/org anything not just .freeforum.com etc?
Im kinda new to VPS and learning things but if i get a VPS im able to host anything on it like , websites, game servers and other things ?Cuz if i can host website that would be fucking awsome.Thanks to anyone who helps me out.
You cannot find .com or better TLDs for free, however you can get .ml, .tk from Freenom, but i do not suggest getting from here, if its personal project then its fine.
The problem with free domain and hosting is that, they could vanish one day, get blacklisted, or have your account suspended. The worst part is, you cannot do anything at all in such a scenario. You are perfectly at the mercy of the provider.
ThanksĀ  @Post4VPS

Well thank you it seems like i got all informations i've needed however ill seek for a website , paid one :d, thank you all.
Always try to use an established provider for domain name. Registrar security set up is very important. Last time, Google lost a few domain names due to lack of proper security with the registrar. Just like modem password, there are people who can steal domains.
ThanksĀ  @Post4VPS

(03-25-2017, 12:18 PM)LazzyBoy Wrote: Hello there, well i've been around for a while and i currently started a samp server, for fun , im trying to check for a webhosting i mean a domain maybe anyone of you can help me find something maybe, my country doesnt allow me to pay throught paypal or credit bank since im not 18 y/o yet ,Does anyone know a free domain hoster like .com/net/org anything not just .freeforum.com etc?
Im kinda new to VPS and learning things but if i get a VPS im able to host anything on it like , websites, game servers and other things ?Cuz if i can host website that would be fucking awsome.Thanks to anyone who helps me out.

for hosting just use your vps (if you have) even a 256mb VPS is much better than most shared hosting . you can get vps free from this site and for doamin you can get the free one like eu.org or freenom domain (not reccomended)
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
There are some advantages of a shared hosting over a un-managed vps. Main thing is usually you get cPanel which is lot easier to work with also you don't have to install and configure the server. Second thing is you get full support unlike with free vps where you don't get providers support for installing and configuring that. So if someone have a 1 small website using shared hosting is the best way till it really need s a vps.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(05-08-2017, 12:53 AM)xdude Wrote: There are some advantages of a shared hosting over a un-managed vps. Main thing is usually you get cPanel which is lot easier to work with also you don't have to install and configure the server. Second thing is you get full support unlike with free vps where you don't get providers support for installing and configuring that. So if someone have a 1 small website using shared hosting is the best way till it really need s a vps.

for n00b or people that just lazy and people that want the thing that "just works" shared hosting is much better choice but for me i still prefer vps than normal web hosting because i get more dedicated resource (vps resource is less shared than shared hosting resource) and also vps is actually more secure . if the shared hosting is mass defaced all the website in that server is gone but if you have vps if other people vps get hacked yours will not get hacked . but not all shared hosting are mass defaceable this day . vps also give more flexibility and vps is actually technically cheaper if you buy it from lesser known company like for example VirMach the provider of VPS9 sell 128mb linux vps for just $7.5 /year USD or host4fun sell 256mb linux vps for $15 USD / year . dont buy vps from famous vps provider because the price is higher than shared probably . not only that but the vps come with more storage than most shared hosting at the same price . even if you include the operating system there are still more storage than the shared hosting . and maybe you ask some web hosting have unlimited storage and i want to tell you ALL THAT IS LIE . NOTHING IN THIS WORLD THAT IS UNLIMITED! . for example famous hosting provider hostgator will warn the user if they use storage more than 1GB even though it says unlimited and the best factor of getting the vps is you can use it other than web hosting for eample game server , and more but with shared hosting you stuck with just web hosting

so conclusion time . im not saying that shared hosting is bad or anything . shared hosting is actually great . it have the easy to use familiar cPanel and also auto installer and you dont need to set up anything . it is just works . but if you are more advanced and want more performance in your website then vps is much better choice . and about the storage well some vps provider doesnt allow file hosting and most shared web host doenst allow it so you really dont need that much storage and you can go with shared hosting that claim unlimited

that is my opinion . what yours? comment below

@perryoo11 is it long enough?
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(05-08-2017, 11:47 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: for n00b or people that just lazy and people that want the thing that "just works" shared hosting is much better choice but for me i still prefer vps than normal web hosting because i get more dedicated resource (vps resource is less shared than shared hosting resource) and also vps is actually more secure . if the shared hosting is mass defaced all the website in that server is gone but if you have vps if other people vps get hacked yours will not get hacked . but not all shared hosting are mass defaceable this day . vps also give more flexibility and vps is actually technically cheaper if you buy it from lesser known company like for example VirMach the provider of VPS9 sell 128mb linux vps for just $7.5 /year USD or host4fun sell 256mb linux vps for $15 USD / year . dont buy vps from famous vps provider because the price is higher than shared probably . not only that but the vps come with more storage than most shared hosting at the same price . even if you include the operating system there are still more storage than the shared hosting . and maybe you ask some web hosting have unlimited storage and i want to tell you ALL THAT IS LIE . NOTHING IN THIS WORLD THAT IS UNLIMITED! . for example famous hosting provider hostgator will warn the user if they use storage more than 1GB even though it says unlimited and the best factor of getting the vps is you can use it other than web hosting for eample game server , and more but with shared hosting you stuck with just web hosting

so conclusion time . im not saying that shared hosting is bad or anything . shared hosting is actually great . it have the easy to use familiar cPanel and also auto installer and you dont need to set up anything . it is just works . but if you are more advanced and want more performance in your website then vps is much better choice . and about the storage well some vps provider doesnt allow file hosting and most shared web host doenst allow it so you really dont need that much storage and you can go with shared hosting that claim unlimited

that is my opinion . what yours? comment below

@perryoo11 is it long enough?

The length of the post is perfect.
Yes no comment.
@humanpuff69

Well vps hosting is not for everyone. Years back biggest issue was the price but not anymore. You can buy one for cheaper than a shared hosting account. But there are other things which makes Shared hosting is better for some users.

Like for someone like a business owner who just want his site hosted in a secure place with good support. Or affiliate marketer who prefer to focus on this work rather than spending time with hosting related technical stuff etc.

When it comes to Shared Hosting, Server security and maintenance taken cared by the provider. So you don't have to keep an eye on these stuff. You can use that time to develop your business. Even if you out grow your shared hosting account then you can move to a managed vps if your business is profitable enough. Plus you get to use cPanel in almost all shared hosting packages which is more advance and lot easier to use than all free control panels out there.

I have several vps which I run by my self but my most important sites and clients sites are hosted in a Knownhost managed vps. They do have specilized people there who know about servers better than by self. So I don't have to worry about anything apart from taking backups.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-19-2019, 04:55 PM
Last Post: xdude
01-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Last Post: TimeRider
06-19-2017, 10:42 AM
Last Post: OldMeister

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting