arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you check the Samsung Dex videos ? It is really cool. They give a desktop version of Android with their dock. It is almost like we are having a PC running Android. As far as I can see, it is only for Galaxy S8. Would be super cool if Android O or Android P will have this as default feature. ie, mouse and monitor support.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

it is pretty much continuum but with android . even though it is look like pc the core behind it is still android . it is just like remix os and phoenix os that is android with desktop friendly user interface . samsung dex pretty much combine remix os/phoneix os with continuum and the result is samsung dex and it also run with dock just like continuum but for me a regular windows desktop is much better because you can run real win32 applciaation and not only that but with office application you can run macro and vba or visual basic for application and that feature i think is exclusive to desktop version of office and i cannot even find macro feature on any office version other than windows desktop version .

and samsung dex dock is not included with the s8 so you need to buy the dock . for me i better just buy a secondhand or cheap pc if i want a computer because it is really not that worth it . it not even that good for running android application like games . there is no accelerometer , gyroscope or something like that so good luck playing racing game try to turn left by tuning your monitor and that will not work

so that is my thought on samsung dex . if you have different opinion comment below
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
I saw these videos and Ithink this is totally useless and much better and cheaper if you buy a small Windows 10 or ubuntu PC, because on this smartphone PC hybrid you can't run all applications. If you have a lot of money then you may thinking of to get one as a second PC but after two years you will not able to update, because Samsung won't make updates anymore for this device, and they will recommended to buy Galaxy S10 and throw away your old S8 device.
(04-15-2017, 10:29 AM)Dudi Wrote: I saw these videos and Ithink this is totally useless and much better and cheaper if you buy a small Windows 10 or ubuntu PC, because on this smartphone PC hybrid you can't run all applications.  If you have a lot of money then you may thinking of to get one as a second PC but after two years you will not able to update, because Samsung won't make updates anymore for this device, and they will recommended to buy Galaxy S10 and throw away your old S8 device.

youre right . even a small windows pc that is not as power full as s8 will be much more useful because you can run most application even you can do much better content creating , app developing and penetration testing with that small windows 10 pc . and you say samsung doesnt make update . it is right espescially for their low end phone . most of the time samsung doesnt give update to low end phone to encourages the user to buy new phone instead . that is because planned obsolence . apple do it by making device slower every update but samsung doesnt give update at all it is good for company but bad for consumer . just stop it
Terminal
IMHO I don't really think it's a BUDGET WISE, because since it can only be use with Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ you should need to buy the phone first and it will cost $$$ and for Samsung DeX another cost for $$$ since in our country Galaxy S8 and S8+ is too pricey why not just build up a RIG that can fit your needs.
Imagine, when you pay for a phone and use it on TV as monitor while you are at home. Currently Chromecast makes it possible to some extent. What if we could add a keyboard and mouse to it ?
Thanks  @Post4VPS

(05-02-2017, 12:10 PM)meetdilip Wrote: Imagine, when you pay for a phone and use it on TV as monitor while you are at home. Currently Chromecast makes it possible to some extent. What if we could add a keyboard and mouse to it ?

well sort of . because it is running an android not a traditional windows desktop that used in lot of pc
Terminal
Only things that stops you do tasks on PC on Android is the small screen. Android has replacement apps for almost everything Windows has.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

(05-03-2017, 05:01 PM)meetdilip Wrote: Only things that stops you do tasks on PC on Android is the small screen. Android has replacement apps for almost everything Windows has.

well it doesnt . android is still lacking productivity and more advanced tools . image manipulation progarm in android is still limited . video editing is also limited and more advanced tools is actually doesnt exist . even to this day you still cannot make android apps in android . in windows or any other desktop os you can develop app for its platform and even better other platform you can develop android apps on windows

so even tough it is have a "replacement" apps . it mostly not really replace it . i still prefer photoshop than picsart . i still prefer adboe premiere than vivavideo or kinemaster . and there are no visual studio replacement for android .

most of the android replacement are lacking feature most of the time and also advanced feature for example android version of microsoft office doesnt have macro feature . maybe you say it is great because now you dont need to deal with macro virus well WRONG . macro is designed to make your work easier not to MAKE VIRUS
Terminal
That's because big screen has not yet come into play with Android. It is more like an entertainment platform, for now.
Thanks  @Post4VPS

Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting