arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Ubuntu phone ?
That's what I heard. Some blog post by Ubuntu ditching their efforts on mobile phone presence. They are instead focusing on IoT, Cloud and Server.
After Firefox OS, Ubuntu Phone is also going out. What happened to these open source alternatives for Android ?
ThanksĀ  @Post4VPS

they pretty much dead . its probably because lacks of application that killed all alternative os like firefox os , ubuntu os , windows phone , etc
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Ubuntu phone was just a vision because they entered to the market too late, same as Symbian (touch), Meego, Windows Phone, Firefox Mobile.
There are only two choices Android and iOS. And because of the Chinese Android phones are so cheap then iOS loses market share continuously. But I think iOS is better because Android is so chaotic because of the large fragmentation.
I hope that tere will be a real open source os as the OpenWrt for routers.
I really had big hopes on Firefox OS. They even launched a couple of good phones as well. Android has lots of apps. But, given the ecosystem of Firefox team, they would have been able to compete with Android.
ThanksĀ  @Post4VPS

Unbuntu phone coming? I cant Believe Unbuntu also releasing there phone but its not gona run since Adroid And IOS is famous in these days
(05-03-2017, 09:23 PM)Happymint Wrote: Unbuntu phone coming? I cant Believe Unbuntu also releasing there phone but its not gona run since Adroid And IOS is famous in these days

it is actually already exist back then but now it is discontinued because they now more focus to IoT
Terminal
just a simply

no.

mobiles arent servers yet Smile XD
(05-05-2017, 06:54 PM)perryoo11 Wrote: just a simply

no.

mobiles arent servers yet Smile XD

yes mobile isnt designed for server and lot of people doesnt use their mobile for server anyways but i found some server application on google play but still it is still a mobile phone not a real server

Proof:
[Image: 359f3e24b22c4fbbbd185ef6df83e07a.png]
Terminal
To be honest I dont think it is that bad idea.

Look at the raspberry pi.
Small. And on a webserver is it a small power house.
(05-06-2017, 03:38 PM)perryoo11 Wrote: To be honest I dont think it is that bad idea.

Look at the raspberry pi.
Small. And on a webserver is it a small power house.

yes raspberry pi even tough it is have a rather slow processor the community is great and that make raspberry pi usable for many thing . i even see someone that can make robot with raspberry pi
Terminal
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-26-2019, 07:26 AM
Last Post: rudra

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting