arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to FIX shortcut VIRUS?
What does shortcut VIRUS? How do we know if our FLASH DRIVES / HARD DRIVES are infected with shortcut VIRUS?
- A shortcut VIRUS create's a shortcut of all the files or folder inside our FLASH DRIVES / HARD DRIVES.

How to FIX shortcut VIRUS?
- We can fix this by using CMD prompt or by installing an anti virus to fix and clean the infected flash drives / hard drives.

CMD prompt procedure:

> Click START > All Programs > Accessories > RIGHT CLICK CMD prompt and RUN it as ADMINISTRATOR
> Locate the DRIVE LETTER of your infected infected flash drives / hard drives, then in the CMD prompt type in for example it's DRIVE LETTER E: by typing this command E:
> After you choose the infecte drive type in this command: attrib -s -h -r /s /d *.*

> Wait until it process, we will know once it done if gets back with your drive letter.

ANTI VIRUS
> You can download SMADAV anti virus to fix those shortcut VIRUS here is their website http://www.smadav.net they offer a FREE VERSION that you may use.

Note: There are other ways or procedure on how to fix shortcut virus. The said above procedure, is the procedure that I used to fix my FLASH DRIVE that is infected by the virus. If you know other ways you may right down below and I will edit my post to add it.
Good method to solve the virus, tho I think you should give a more in depth explanation of the virus because I didn't get why anyone would want to make a shortcut on our hdds?
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting