can be security/tools/etc

greetings
perry

change the password
do apt-get update and apt-get upgrade
and install the most essentials linux application like nano for example
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
First. after get access is to change password. change Telnet port. update & upgrade OS. i mostly like Ubuntu 12.02 or 14.02 LTS x64 and Debian 7 or Debian 8 x64.
install nano text editor. because its easy for me.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
I usually install all necessary updates as @humanpuff69 said and install fail2ban, nano, mc...
(07-09-2017, 12:44 PM)perryoo11 Wrote: whta you do if you get a new vps.

First thing to do is to check if the IP address the provider given to you is blacklisted or not. This is important because you would have big problems running websites in the VPS if the IP address was already blacklisted, probably due to the bad behavior of the previous user. This should be the first thing to do because if it happens, you should open a ticket to the provider immediately and ask for a clean IP first, before you actually start to install anything in the VPS.

The second thing to do is to check if the actual VPS spec matches with what the provider stated. Don't laugh. I had a few times I found mismatch in VPS spec. For example, a provider stated that the VPS had IPv6 addresses but it actually did not have it. Another example is a provider stated that the VPS had single-core CPU but it actually had dual-core. Of course it was not something I would complain about it, but it does not make sense if users do not check VPS spec the first time they login their VPS.

The third thing to do is the secure the VPS, such as changing the password, changing the SSH port, disabling root login etc. These are all common ways to protect the VPS from possible unauthorized access.

Only after all the above 3 things are done, I will then start to install other software I want to use in the VPS.

(07-11-2017, 04:12 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: First thing to do is to check if the IP address the provider given to you is blacklisted or not. This is important because you would have big problems running websites in the VPS if the IP address was already blacklisted, probably due to the bad behavior of the previous user. This should be the first thing to do because if it happens, you should open a ticket to the provider immediately and ask for a clean IP first, before you actually start to install anything in the VPS.

The second thing to do is to check if the actual VPS spec matches with what the provider stated. Don't laugh. I had a few times I found mismatch in VPS spec. For example, a provider stated that the VPS had IPv6 addresses but it actually did not have it. Another example is a provider stated that the VPS had single-core CPU but it actually had dual-core. Of course it was not something I would complain about it, but it does not make sense if users do not check VPS spec the first time they login their VPS.

The third thing to do is the secure the VPS, such as changing the password, changing the SSH port, disabling root login etc. These are all common ways to protect the VPS from possible unauthorized access.

Only after all the above 3 things are done, I will then start to install other software I want to use in the VPS.

well you got alot of detail.
im just searching for things i might miss.
i am looking to make a bit of configureing fun..
keep giving up :/.
first what i do when i got vps
I installed Open Game Panel.. then i open my servers :v

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

(07-13-2017, 08:42 PM)YOuNeS_Dz Wrote: first what i do when i got vps
I installed Open Game Panel.. then i open my servers :v

no security things?
that would get you agains unauthorized people?
(07-14-2017, 06:27 AM)perryoo11 Wrote: no security things?
that would get you agains unauthorized people?

ye without security Sad
to be honest with you, until now idk how to protect my vps/GamePanel(Srvs) from ddos attack because until now.. no one attack my vps :Smile Heart

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

(07-16-2017, 09:04 PM)YOuNeS_Dz Wrote: ye without security Sad
to be honest with you, until now idk how to protect my vps/GamePanel(Srvs) from ddos attack because until now.. no one attack my vps :Smile Heart

Security is the first step when you configure the server
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting