arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ssd vs hdd vps!
Which one is best SSD vs HDD?AS I KNOW ssd is fast I/o but Idk about HDD anyone prefer me about HDD &ssd thank you
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

SSD is good if you are going to host something that needs direct write access. Like hosting a MMORPG for example.

HDD is fine if you need it for basic usage like hosting a website, blog etc.
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
If you need more disk space and you will host something simple choose HDD. For bigger databases and more for something more than just website you should choose SSD.
Its big different to have database on SSD and HDD.
Unless you specifically need fast disk performance, normal HDD VPSes should be enough for most usages.

VPSes with SSD normally give you less disk space than HDD for the same price. So, normally I would choose normal HDD for VPSes.

if you are going to run any Gaming server or any application like using DISK 24/7 to read/write data on it so i prefer you to use SSD
because as you know and you said in the thread that SSD is really fast in Read and Write ofcourse it cost more money with limited storage.
but yea for normal use Hard Disk Drive is the best option you will get more space on it in cheap prices.
(08-21-2017, 08:15 AM)rafaykhanafridi Wrote: if you are going to run any Gaming server or any application like using DISK 24/7 to read/write data on it so i prefer you to use SSD
because as you know and you said in the thread that SSD is really fast in Read and Write ofcourse it cost more money with limited storage.
but yea for normal use Hard Disk Drive is the best option you will get more space on it in cheap prices.

As you said, if a person is going to host a gaming server then they definitely need a SSD. This ensures a smooth gaming experience and reduces glitches/errors when reading and writing to the hard drive.
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
SSD is much better than HDD due to it's speed compare to HDD but it depends also on your needs just what like @Golden said in his comment.
I have an experience of running game servers since 6 years and i have ran game server on both SSD and HDD. Just being honest i did not see a slight difference in both. The servers ran smoothly in both. Though since SSD is expensive, i would probably go with HDD for game servers since i need more disk space and since i am already getting same performance.
I believe SSD is more better then HDD.. but sme ppls prefer HDD.. and until now dont know why :c

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

It all comes down to storage vs performance. Personally I would go with SSD solely due to the faster disk performance, if storage was not a concern. Although I would say the code "is" a bigger factor than SSD vs HDD.
Pages (3):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting