arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Install sa-mp server on VPS (Centos/Debain/Ubuntu)
1.First connect to your VPS using Putty With Root Privileges.

2.Then make a user account for samp server.Note that Do not use root for this, please create a 
user (because of security issues).

Creating A User:

useradd samptut
passwd samptut

Root users have full read and write access to all resources of the VPS. Running gameservers like
this fields security issues as stated above.

3.Then 
*first thing you want to make sure is that your in the main directory by typing cd ~ after
relogging to your vps using your useraccount crendentials.

4.Once done well we're ready to download SA:MP now
then type: wget http://files.sa-mp.com/samp037svr_R2-1.tar.gz
That will download the .tar.gz for linux. Let it download.

5.You will now need to extract the tar.gz by typing: tar -zxf samp037svr_R2-1.tar.gz

6.Next go into the folder you just extracted by typing cd samp03

7.Now to make things easier, download a program called FileZilla Ftp Client . 
This is basically FTP for linux. Install and connect to your VPS (Pretty simple).

Put Your IP(your vps ip) Protocol : SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) Logon type : Normal 
Username : sampsv ( your username here/user created for samp ) password : your linux user pass
and password : that user password password.

8.Then Locate to the samp03 folder through your ftp clientand edit server.cfg to whatever you 
want.

9.Make any changes you want , upload your own gamemodes and scriptfiles, plugins etc,
At last make sure to edit the server.cfg well or use with this cmd 'nano server.cfg' to edit ur server.cfg from putty
A screen looking like that should've popped up.
You'll be happy to know, that you can browse around the server.cfg by using your arrow keys, and just typing to edit the file. Simple stuff, right?

Once you've finished editing the file, hit CTRL+X, press 'Y', then Enter.
Your file is now saved!

Once done with the editing we come back to PuTTY,
chmod 777 samp03svr
chmod 777 announce
chmod 777 samp-npc
or
Type : chmod +x samp-npc samp03svr announce
but we have to chmod all plugins + includes + samp-npc + samp03svr + announce and all the amx file (no need to upload ur pwn files) and all folders to writeable/readable/excuteable (777) and update the OS with 'yum update' to avoid getting 'No Directory or File found' proplem 
Followed by nohup ./samp03svr & This will start the server (nohup makes the server still run 
even when you quit PuTTY)

To stop your samp server use pkill samp or killall samp03

for more info Use SA-MP wiki: www.wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/
Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Hostdare for Providing their VPS Hosting Services: VPS 12
Great tutorial Zorono, I will wait more tutorials from you , It will help newbies who can get VPS from here (POST4VPS)
 - Thanks to Post4VPS & Host4Fun for the amazing VPS 1 -
Epic tutorial it will help to people that using linux Big Grin god why i didnt see this tutorial when i had linux lol...
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
using a open game panel or any game panel is a better idea because you cannot contro the server once you disconnected but wit game panel you can open it anywhere and get easy access

i run my minecraft server with pufferpanel and it worked great and it should be great for samp or mtasa too
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Sorry for late but 2 days ago i was searching for SAMP tutorial and found this one and successfully installed

but forgot to give feedback. Thanks @Zorono for guiding me.

#Request Please makes tutorial about "How to install CS 1.6 in Debian" Or recommend me any good tutorial.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

This idea is good but if you want to open a hosting / several servers then install a game panel better.
Nice tutorial Zorono, keep this up and post another tutorials for creating gameservers on the VPS.
(10-22-2017, 09:32 AM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: Sorry for late but 2 days ago i was searching for SAMP tutorial and found this one and successfully installed

but forgot to give feedback. Thanks @Zorono for guiding me.

#Request Please makes tutorial about "How to install CS 1.6 in Debian" Or recommend me any good tutorial.

You can follow this tutorial from here

https://nscodes.com/install-counter-stri...ver-linux/

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

(10-25-2017, 09:18 PM)YOuNeS_Dz Wrote: Nice tutorial Zorono, keep this up and post another tutorials for creating gameservers on the VPS.

You can follow this tutorial from here

https://nscodes.com/install-counter-stri...ver-linux/

Thanks but i've successfully installed SAMP if you can please provide me tutorial "How to install CS 1.6 on Debian"
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

Already have given it if you have checked the link I sent above xD

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting