arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galaxyhost Free VPS
It seems nobody had mentioned it here yet so I thought to open a thread about it. Galaxyhost has started providing free vps without asking any commitments. These are small containers with lots of restrictions but can be handy if you want learn about vps and as a testing server. One important thing to remind is they do not allow any kind of mailing and port 25 is blocked.

Specs are,
  • 256M RAM
  • 10GB Space
  • 100 GB Bandwidth
  • 0.5 core CPU
Not exactly great for production level tasks but good for testing things. Also they don't ask you do to a monthly posting quota.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

As i know its still at beta, i think that GalaxyHostPlus wanted to post it after realising its beta as i emailed them about it and they told me its still at beta.
(11-27-2017, 04:58 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: As i know its still at beta, i think that GalaxyHostPlus wanted to post it after realising its beta as i emailed them about it and they told me its still at beta.

Well Beta or not they are already giving free vps and it's working fine. Anyone who is interested can get one without a problem.

I got one for some weeks ago and, honestly speaking, the VPS is working better than I expected.

However, the spec is quite limited. Not much can do with this amount of RAM / CPU but at least it has been stable so far (no downtime).

Yeah. Well my problem is it can be only used for testing. Can't use a web server because these days all CMS needs mail functions. So Im keeping it to test various things related to web servers like to test Apache Modules.

setup can take 2-3 weeks.

It's quite a fantastic vps. something better than my paid vps.
this vps is not made for game servers.
@perryoo11

For what do you use your vps ? I know it has a good speed but kinda not many things you can do with it.

(11-28-2017, 02:23 AM)xdude Wrote: @perryoo11

For what do you use your vps? I know it has a good speed but kinda not many things you can do with it.

I am using it for DNS.
for slave servers.

master for mail. this for my slave's works extremely well.

For what do you use your vps ? I know it has a good speed but kinda not many things you can do with it.

You can even use it as a OpenVPN since it uses very less memory Smile

Do know that how do we have to renew these VPSs or we can use forever?
Pages (3):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-14-2021, 07:35 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting