arrow_upward

Pages (4):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So people, the question is, which is better in your opinion? KVM or OpenVZ? Be sure to post why and if possible tell us a bit about it too.
For me "It depends on the use".
OpenVZ is faster and if you are buying it is less expensive considering KVM and XEN, it must not be a big pool though(I mean overselling).
KVM allows complete virtualisation, more secure than OpenVZ(That does not make it 100%, go for dedicated), less restriction.

Thank you  Sweet

I like KVM because it supports more OSs then OVZ (since KVM has a seperate kernel) and there's no overselling. Also is not as expensive as Xen.
OpenVZ isn't really a virtualization but a container system.
I don't think OpenVZ is faster though. It depends on the situation and the provider.

Nothing is 100% secure.
If you host it on another location with internet access, expect it not to be 100% secure lol.
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
(10-07-2015, 08:45 AM)c0re Wrote: So people, the question is, which is better in your opinion? KVM or OpenVZ? Be sure to post why and if possible tell us a bit about it too.

I think KVM, XEN and vmWare is better than oepnvz, but they are also more expensive.
KVM and XEN are to close to compare to be honest, you would do great just choosing one with your eyes closed and going with that, that's not close they are as far as performance.

@Dudi KVM and XEN are going to be a bit higher in price simple because you are paying for dedicated resources. In a sense they still pull from the same host node and network but your resources are dedicated. OpenVZ it relies on the kernel, it is a container everything is shared that is why the price is a bit cheaper.
Crypt-K : 
I know that the CPU is fair shared, so nobody can use 100% because dozens of virtual machines uses the same CPU core. But what about the RAM and the HDD-SSD? Are they dedicated?
(10-08-2015, 03:59 PM)Dudi Wrote: Crypt-K : 
I know that the CPU is fair shared, so nobody can use 100% because dozens of virtual machines uses the same CPU core. But what about the RAM and the HDD-SSD? Are they dedicated?

Its pulling from the same host node.
(10-08-2015, 03:42 PM)Crypt-K Wrote: KVM and XEN are to close to compare to be honest, you would do great just choosing one with your eyes closed and going with that, that's not close they are as far as performance.

@Dudi KVM and XEN are going to be a bit higher in price simple because you are paying for dedicated resources. In a sense they still pull from the same host node and network but your resources are dedicated. OpenVZ it relies on the kernel, it is a container everything is shared that is why the price is a bit cheaper.

Well, yes. But a big difference is that in KVM you can mount and boot from your own ISO, while in Xen (as far as I know) you can't do that.
(10-08-2015, 09:42 PM)karatekidmonkey Wrote: Well, yes. But a big difference is that in KVM you can mount and boot from your own ISO, while in Xen (as far as I know) you can't do that.

With XEN you can mount ISOs too if the provider's control panel has a option for that.
If they don't have it then you have to send to them an email and they will do it for you.
Pages (4):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting