arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So guys, what's your favourite UI for Linux and why? Mine is XFCE4. It is lightweight and loaded with nice features. The interface is cool and nice. But, if I want to run a 128MB Ram VPS, I use LXDE since it consumes the lowest amount of RAM.
My favs are LXDE and Mate. Both are very memory and CPU friendly. For LXDE I use Lubuntu and for Mate I use Ubuntu Mate.
Hey c0re, have you tried Pantheon Desktop from Elementary OS Freya?
This is an elegent GUI like Mac, give it a try Smile
VIP Linux VPS 2$/month (25$/year 60$/2 years)
1 GB RAM 20 GB Storage 500 GB Bandwidth(50Mbit) 1 core 1 IPv4 1 IPv6
facebook.com/SnoOpyMinhThang
snoopy-xserver.com
I am using Unity, I hated it first, but i came around once it got more mature. Can't love without the launcher anymore.
(01-14-2016, 10:57 AM)SnoOpy Wrote: Hey c0re, have you tried Pantheon Desktop from Elementary OS Freya?
This is an elegent GUI like Mac, give it a try Smile

Pantheon is THE BEST! I LOVE it.

I can also recommend LXDE like many have said, but I usually stick with your standard GNOME desktop (I got used to it after using Raspbian for so long).
I'm using Gnome in compatibility mode and compiz to keep the old flavor with wobbly windows and desktop cube from the good old days.

I tried doing that with unity, but unity still stinks. If I ever have the free time, i think about writing my very own Desktop taking the (imho) best features of those i know and put it together in a fantastic UI (for me)

For example I liked the auto extend Desktop feature from Gnome Shell, but back when i tried it, it's multi monitor support just didnt work properly.
Apart from new look, unity has broken so many things and Ubuntu got just slower with it, i could never get real friend with it. On weaker hardware I'm use xfce and lxde. (xubuntu / lubuntu), Oh and I never got friend with KDE.
I would recommend LXDE because of it's light weight resources and open source.
I love Cinnamon. For it gives features like " Open in Terminal " , " Open as root " etc. The UI is also Windows like, simple and easy to use.
(05-05-2016, 12:27 AM)meetdilip Wrote: I love Cinnamon. For it gives features like " Open in Terminal " , " Open as root " etc. The UI is also Windows like, simple and easy to use.

Two years ago I used Cinnamon with Linux Mint Cinnamon edition, but it had countless bugs and freezes.
Cinnamon is also available as desktop environment in Ubuntu. You could install it just like Gnome.
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
06-26-2020, 02:00 PM
Last Post: humanpuff69

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting