arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips for making old Websites mobile friendly?
Does anyone have tips for making old static Websites mobile friendly, or would it be better to redesign the Websites from scratch?  What are the most important tweaks for making old static Websites mobile friendly?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
It may be time consuming, between you should check what language or program is old and deprecated first and update each files according to your need, I took one month to update one of my website to php 7 from php 5, but it is still old based on html 4, may need to update to html 5 later, for that I need to learn html 5 better.

Thank you  Sweet

It all depends on how you want to design your mobile view.

If you just want to hide some elements for mobile view and make them only available for non-mobile view, you can add a simple css media rule to detect the screen size. That's it.

If you want something more than that, you may consider a full redesign.

Several websites makes use of HTML5 and Bootstrap to make it mobile friendly, perhaps you can try them?
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
A new thing is always better, why not develop it all, the static version and mobile version from start?
Start the new one you will get good experience and idea on how to do how you feel ,try both mobile ,,static version
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

The best option to do that is by modifying the structure to support low width screen resolution and after that you can stylize it with @media queries.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
(03-24-2018, 07:16 PM)Lampard Wrote: A new thing is always better, why not develop it all, the static version and mobile version from start?

Thank you for everyone's feedback.  Looks as though new is better.  Google will probably like it better too. Tongue
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Here are a few tips to consider while making old Websites mobile friendly
  1. Select a mobile-responsive theme or template
  2. Strip back your content
  3. Make images and CSS as light as possible
  4. Avoid Flash
  5. Change button size and placement
  6. Space out your links
  7. Use a large and readable font
  8. Eliminate pop-ups
  9. Test regularly

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
02-29-2020, 05:14 PM
Last Post: xdude

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting