arrow_upward

Pages (4):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safe torrent software and sites?
I haven't used torrents before as I'm always careful with trying not to get infected with viruses.  I reckon if I don't know what I'm doing it's easy to get infected as there is no better vehicle for infections than software.
Does anyone around here know of reliable torrent software as well as reasonably secure torrent sites to download Windows XP or similar software from?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
If you want to download files from torrent.
Make sure your anti-virus is always active and enable cloud scan on your computer because I believe that torrent is a lot of dangerous !!
Because it can cause your computer full memory

STL v.2.1
Terminal
Solo Developer
The first thing you'll need to do is to grab Torrent, which is completely free to download and use. Double-click the executable file to start the installation and click 'Next' on the following two screens
(04-03-2018, 06:04 AM)amirah Wrote: The first thing you'll need to do is to grab Torrent, which is completely free to download and use. Double-click the executable file to start the installation and click 'Next' on the following two screens

I will ask !!
Free is not necessarily safe right?
How to overcome this

Stl
Terminal
Solo Developer
My two cents on this, In my opinion I think qBitorrent is the best and safest client I have ever used. Its open source & free also no adware or junkware bundled unlike uTorrent which has a pretty bad name because of its bundled crapware. For website I would suggest 1337x.to, rutracker, and private trackers (which are really safe) but a bit tricky to get in. You will get in just a bit tricky and need to fill out applications or an interview to show the owners that you know what are you doing and the general bittorrent terminology.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
@Kururin
I guess BitTorrent and uTorrent developed from the same developer with different name, isn't it? Have a look at their UI, pretty same.

Back to topic, torrenting is not really that bad, usually I download something from torrent. Nah to avoid virus, you should take a look for the file reputation (I said this :p) and their comments. If they've good reputation, so then, download it. Use magnet link or download .torrent file. For the web? I usually use something similliar with ThePirateBay but without using TPB's domain name. If thepiratebay.org (or .se?) blocked by your ISP, then this website https://piratebayproxylist.net come to solve your problem XD.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(04-03-2018, 02:23 PM)tiwil Wrote: @Kururin
I guess BitTorrent and uTorrent developed from the same developer with different name, isn't it? Have a look at their UI, pretty same.

Back to topic, torrenting is not really that bad, usually I download something from torrent. Nah to avoid virus, you should take a look for the file reputation (I said this :p) and their comments. If they've good reputation, so then, download it. Use magnet link or download .torrent file. For the web? I usually use something similliar with ThePirateBay but without using TPB's domain name. If thepiratebay.org (or .se?) blocked by your ISP, then this website https://piratebayproxylist.net come to solve your problem XD.

I am talking about Qbittorrent, not bitorrent. And Yes bitorrent has the same developer as utorrent
(04-03-2018, 02:29 PM)Kururin Wrote: I am talking about Qbittorrent, not bitorrent. And Yes bitorrent has the same developer as utorrent

Woh, sorry, I don't see the "Q" XD. Will try qBittorrent soon. Thanks.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(04-03-2018, 02:02 PM)Kururin Wrote: My two cents on this, In my opinion I think qBitorrent is the best and safest client I have ever used. Its open source & free also no adware or junkware bundled unlike uTorrent which has a pretty bad name because of its bundled crapware. For website I would suggest 1337x.to, rutracker, and private trackers (which are really safe) but a bit tricky to get in. You will get in just a bit tricky and need to fill out applications or an interview to show the owners that you know what are you doing and the general bittorrent terminology.

qBitorrent can download any file from the torrent links or have its own files? And what is this interview? Live chat?
(04-03-2018, 02:47 PM)youssefbasha Wrote: qBitorrent can download any file from the torrent links or have its own files? And what is this interview? Live chat?
Interviews are for private trackers (torrent site) that doesn't allow anyone except their registered member to download their torrents. They have huge list of new and old torrent that you won't find on public tracker (torrent site) and many of them are exclusive to private trackers. If you want to get in (register for) a private tracker you will need to take a interview via their IRC. and if you pass then they will 'invite' you to register on their site (myanonamouse.net) for an example. Also another system is filling out an application and you get an invite (animebytes.tv) for example. qBitorrent is the same as utorrent without the ads
Pages (4):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-18-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: deanhills
09-16-2020, 11:20 AM
Last Post: sagher
04-10-2020, 12:06 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting