arrow_upward

Poll: Which forum software do you like the most (in terms of flexibility, admin panel, ease of use)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Invision Power Board
11.76%
vBulletin
17.65%
Xenforo
8.82%
Simple Machines Forum
5.88%
MyBB
38.24%
PhpBB
14.71%
Other (Please comment in thread)
2.94%
Total
34 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Pages (5):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which forum software is the best?
Which forum software do you like the most?
VOTE!!!
IPB has a pretty good admin panel but Xenforo has an exclusive admin panel, many more add ons most are paid but were not talking in terms of price, IPB is very limited to plugins because of the software.
I think PhpBB may be away from Votes, the others does have a competition.
My Top 3
1. Xenforo
2. IPB/VB
3. MyBB
I will consider Xenforo instead of IPB/VB.Taking Xenforo(Comercial) and MyBB(Open Source) into consideration.
In my opinion Xenforo is the top leader if we are considering support with only modern browsers(up to date).But the mobile browsers may not react well with Xenforo.In that place I'll say MyBB have its own value(until Xenforo have a skin/theme like default mybb theme).
One of my old experience with my MyBB forum, there was a competitor who was using Xenforo(and was older than my site) and with MyBB I have succeeded them on Google.There is a chance I worked well on SEO.
But still I does have doubt on the subject "MyBB does have more power on SEO".
The search terms Xenforo MyBB and MyBB Xenforo results in MyBB community on the top.But this may be still not accurate as other factors such as website age, pagerank should be taken into consideration as well as pagespeed score.
Well the next is to consider the package.There is both merits and demerits.But paid support will always provide much more than a free support.So the "money" is a factor here.So we should consider "price" of the package as well.
For an example a "Free VPS" and "Paid VPS" will vary on the limits.We will surely consider how much we pay for the service and what benefits we can achieve.Xenforo license require 140$.
Copyright link in the footer on MyBB is allowed to remove with a condition that you will not get any support from MyBB community.But on Xenforo you have to purchase branding removal(Cost 250$).The price is exclusive of taxes.
People may ask if Xenforo was open source then will you consider Xenforo(If they have support in mobile browser as of MyBCool as the top of MyBB? The answer to them is I don't think if Xenforo was open source then there will not be much progress in the software as the developers will have to seek for another job.In the same criteria I believe if MyBB was a comercial package then they will have more excellent developers and support system.

Thank you  Sweet

No doubt if MyBB has a paid version it ll surely ruling all other board scripts. If you spend the xenforo licence cost to mybb customization then you ll surely forget about xenforo. I am going with mybb.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
Mostly... I have used MyBB PhPBB and Xenforo.... The best I think IMO is MyBB....
I love IPB as its admin panel is very easy to use and also many addons are there...
It is very robust
IPB is the best software for forum, but you need to pay, because its not free
If you have ∞ money, then IPB is the best...
If you have 0 money, then MyBB is the best...
IPB really offers many features also it IS responsive..
The 4.x series of IPB is really nice...
(10-23-2015, 05:26 AM)worldofapps Wrote: If you have ∞ money, then IPB is the best...
If you have 0 money, then MyBB is the best...
IPB really offers many features also it IS responsive..
The 4.x series of IPB is really nice...

IPB not that so much, but neither cheap.
It is available from 30 US dollars per month.
https://www.invisionpower.com/buy/cloud
i like mybb software
they provide awesome plugins and themes + permissions
Pages (5):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-31-2017, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Decent12
08-02-2016, 06:55 PM
Last Post: meetdilip

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting