arrow_upward

Change thread links so they default to last post instead of first post?
If I click on a multipage page thread link in the discussion topics index then it goes to the first page of that thread instead of the last page and the last post.  Is it possible to change the link so that it defaults to the last post instead of the first post?

I've learned to click on the last post that is made in the far right box, however it would still be great if the settings could have it that when one clicks on the thread topic link in the index of posts of the Forum that it automatically goes to the last page.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I think it is not actually needed as in some threads the 1st post may be the most relevant post, for example the giveaway thread consists number of available VPSs in 1st post, also it will make difficult for an user who visit forum less often and need to grasp the summary of threads. I t may lead to off topic as relevancy of first post may get reduced.Also it may mess up the mybb default system. As you said I will rather click on the last post if I know what is in the first post. As you are a frequent visitor I think the suggested feature may help you, but may create difficulty for others.
Anyway nice to see the suggestion. Smile

Thank you  Sweet

(04-13-2018, 01:11 PM)Littlemaster Wrote: As you said I will rather click on the last post if I know what is in the first post. As you are a frequent visitor I think the suggested feature may help you, but may create difficulty for others.
Anyway nice to see the suggestion. Smile
Reason why I brought this up is this is the only Forum out of the four or more myBB Forums I regularly visit who defaults to the first post instead of the last.  So for me it's different from the norm.  But having said that, it's probably not such a big issue and one can adjust to it.  Just takes getting used to click on the post link in the little box to the right of the topic - of the last person who contributed to the discussion, in other words the last post.  There is always more than one way to work around something.
Terminal
I think it is not actually needed as in some threads the 1st post may be the most relevant post, for example, the giveaway thread consists number of available VPSs in 1st post.

for me, I don't mind getting to the first one as it may be a thread I haven't read yet.

source: littlemaster
Hello,
By looking in the thread list anyone can go at any page they want through its respective pagination numbers.. which I don't think is a major issue.. there are more than 1 way to go at the last of the thread..
So I don't think that any user should have any type of problem.
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

You're right @Dynamo and @perryoo11. I've now got used to it too. There's always a way to work around it.

If you wish this thread can be closed now. Many thankis.
Terminal
thread closed as requested.

suggestion denied.
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-20-2021, 02:51 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting