arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Hello Post4VPS Staff,
                                   I am facing a problem at the post4vps community.Sometime when i open the forum it show me that i am banned from the forum.A week ago i visited the forum and saw a banned page.The forum was showing me that i am banned from the forum.I was shocked that what is the reason.After a hour i restarted my pc for the working of a software.Then i visited the Post4VPS again and i was unbanned.Today once again when i visited the forum about 5 hours ago it showed me that i am banned from using the forum.Before i take screenshot my system got restarted due to electricity short circuit.After starting the windows again i visited the forum again and i was unbanned.Please help me why i am facing this problem.
@Rehan Seems weird, could you please provide a screenshot of that "banned" thingy.
I of course don't know how the forum is setup exactly but I'm going to assume that the staff has banned certain IP addresses or ranges from accessing the site due to previous bad history (maybe spam, abusive users or something else).

So when you access the forum and have one of these banned IPs you will see the banned message even when your forum account is actually NOT banned.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
@Hidden Refuge If that will be the case, then he is using a VPN to visit the forum?
That is a very well possible situation. He might be using a proxy or VPN that has been banned here or maybe a previous user has had the IPs that he got when he saw the banned messages (probably someone from the same country using the same ISP from around the same area).

I have never seen such a malfunction of MyBB in all my years with MyBB since 2009 so I would say it is highly unlikely that it is a MyBB bug.
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
(06-08-2018, 02:51 PM)Vuluts Wrote: @Rehan Seems weird, could you please provide a screenshot of that "banned" thingy.

@Vuluts i shall take a screenshot next time i get that screen.I think its problem with the Internet Modem I shall try restarting again and again.

(06-08-2018, 03:26 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: I of course don't know how the forum is setup exactly but I'm going to assume that the staff has banned certain IP addresses or ranges from accessing the site due to previous bad history (maybe spam, abusive users or something else).

So when you access the forum and have one of these banned IPs you will see the banned message even when your forum account is actually NOT banned.

Yea you are right.I also face this problem in multiplayer games.The developers of that server told me to restart my internet modem to fix every time i face that problem.
This is since i changed my internet modem network.
Yeah I guess @"Hidden Refuge" is correct,
Since from my side I see that your IP is Dynamic (changing each time you restart your modem), you are surfing through various IPs including one of the IP which was banned( actually it was banned since it was an IP of a spammer named @ericprince).

There are currently 2 IPs which are banned and fall into your IP range. I can only suggest you to either make your IP static or just do what you normally do (restart your modem).
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

You are not allowed to use any vpn and you are not allowed to use double accounts..
@Rehan  You can check all of the IPs you're using at https://www.stopforumspam.com/search to see whether they are marked for spam.  

I went through something like this quite a few years ago back in the UAE.  It was not as bad then as it is now with people banning IPs, but I was on a dynamic IP that I shared with others, and every now and then I got refused when I tried to get membership of a Forum and that worried me.  So one day I put my IP into stopforumspam and discovered I was sharing the IP with a whole bunch of spammers.  VPN is against the law in the UAE, so in the end just had to live with it.  What I did if I really wanted the membership badly enough, was to write to the Forum and that worked as I think some of the owners are sympathetic and understanding of this.  So what you did to report the issue was a good thing.  

If I may ask, what kind of VPN are you using?  As sometimes a VPN if it is not a really good one, can trip you up.  My experience is that one should either use a good one - that is usually paid - or not one at all.  The country I'm in now also has a single ISP who doesn't particularly like VPN - its system flags those who use it.  However one is allowed to use it.  I use mine mostly because of regional problems when I try to use my PayPal.  I think if I used a cheap VPN then I'd have had problems with it, but the VPN I use is technically very good and the IPs acceptable by PayPal.  For now anyway.  This regional thing when one travels a lot and lives in different countries is a real challenge for me so the use of a really good VPN is essential and not a luxury for me.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(06-08-2018, 06:10 PM)Dynamo Wrote: Yeah I guess @"Hidden Refuge" is correct,
Since from my side I see that your IP is Dynamic (changing each time you restart your modem), you are surfing through various IPs including one of the IP which was banned( actually it was banned since it was an IP of a spammer named @ericprince).

There are currently 2 IPs which are banned and fall into your IP range. I  can only suggest you to either make your IP static or just do what you normally do (restart your modem).

How can i make my ip static? I think its not possible with my modem.But i shall contact my service providers if it is possible. You can lock the topic for now.
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting