arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap .com registrations?
Hello,
Do you know any cheap .com registrars?
I want to buy a .com soon for just 1 year. Lot of offers are now for 2 years.

Thank you  Sweet

i'd recommend you http://Namecheap.com offer .com $10.98/yr but these days 1and1 have offer .com $0.99 /year.

$0.99/year for 1 year then just $14.99/year on http://1and1.com/ it limited offer as they mentioned on details.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

1and1 requires 2 year purchase at the time of checkout, we can see the offer is to trick visitors. They actually selling the domain at 15.98$/ 2 year. Even we consider the average it is 7.99$/year. They just fooling the buyers.

Thank you  Sweet

(07-13-2018, 12:58 PM)Littlemaster Wrote: 1and1 requires 2 year purchase at the time of checkout, we can see the offer is to trick visitors. They actually selling the domain at 15.98$/ 2 year. Even we consider the average it is 7.99$/year. They just fooling the buyers.
Agreed.  I've heard the odd good feedback, but also members at other Forums who have had bad experiences with 1and1.  Once there's a problem, it is difficult to get out of it as support isn't that good. Backup for transferring domains out of 1and1 can also provide problems. Always good when one plans to keep one's domains for a long while to use a domain registrar with a good reputation such as namecheap or name silo.

For example, I went with another unfamiliar domain registrar, domain electronic, four years ago. The price was very low to begin with, something like 5 US$, it then went up to normal average for a dot.net - like 12 US$ - I was OK with that. But then last year the reseller completely disappeared and I then had to contact the main registrar to get access - the turnaround to my inquiry took probably two months. At the time I made my inquiry luckily it was to change the name servers - if it had been to renew the domains I'd have lost them. I now only have limited access to those two domains where I'm only able to renew the domains and change the name servers. When I try to transfer them, I'm not allowed to do that. I guess I could write to the top domain registrar but that's a big pain to do. Guess that teaches me not to go only for cheap price, but for long term quality support as well - hence why Namecheap works for me. It's slightly more expensive than the cheapest, but it's more consistent in not having big increases in the domains and service and support are more than good - it's excellent.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
At Namesilo you can get a .com domain for 7 usd. First time users can get one dollar off using the code CheapDo99

1&1 support is the worst. I never has any good experience with them. Most of my domains are still at Godaddy but im slowly transferring those to Namesilo. Right now they have the best renwal prices for me.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Try godaddy.com, good prices and awesome staff team (good support).
I am using it for my hosting domain Wink
(07-15-2018, 09:01 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: Try godaddy.com, good prices and awesome staff team (good support).
I am using it for my hosting domain Wink

Sadly not like it used to be. .com renewal price is about $14 and their quility of support has gone way down. You can find answers to your questions from Google easier than asking their support staff. I still have more than 50 domains at Godaddy but im slowly moving all to NameSilo.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(07-15-2018, 09:07 AM)xdude Wrote: Sadly not like it used to be. .com renewal price is about $14 and their quility of support has gone way down. You can find answers to your questions from Google easier than asking their support staff. I still have more than 50 domains at Godaddy but im slowly moving all to NameSilo.
That is interesting.  I thought you were a Namecheap enthusiast?  Is there a reason why you are moving them to NameSilo instead?  Is it easier to transfer or cheaper?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Namecheap.com is the one cheapest rates recommendation. try it. if you go further instead of .com here a lowest in list .icu also a good choice for non commercial usage.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
@Littlemaster Would like to ask where will you be using this domain? If you will only be using this as to be your project domain, you can bought to any cheap registrar out there like 1and1 they do really offer a cheap .com price like you said you only need this for 1 year so renewal will not be a problem. If you will use this as a business domain, I would prefer choosing a registrar with a good support like GoDaddy.
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting