arrow_upward

Post Counter - Access for hosted members?
I was very disappointed to receive the notification below when I tried to access the post4vps Post Counter. The post counter is one of the most useful tools that post4vps.com has. I can understand if you want to block access to the public, but can you please give consideration to provide access to the hosted members?  There are only 16 hosted members, and I don't think that should put a big load on the resources.

Please also consider that the post counter is a great motivator to make more posts.  Its usefulness for the hosted members is not only to check what the number of their posts are, but to check the overall post picture which gives them an incentive to post more.  If you see others making more posts or see a picture of your posts compared with others, it has a psychological effect of wanting to make more posts.  The posts that are made by the hosted members are the life blood of the Forum.  I would think it would be in post4vps's interest to encourage members as much as it can to make more posts.  The post counter is a good tool to help with that. 

Quote:Error: Access Denied!
We, Staff of Post4VPS Forum has decided to restrict the access of this list
since it comsumes very much resources of the Forum Host,
Thats why it won't be available for the Public use for now.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Yesterday when I visited this forum I got a 502 error. Perhaps it was the reason why admins made that decision.The current post counter list does consume too much resources.

But I hope that the access restriction is just temporary. Once the admins manage to improve the script, it should be made available again.

Ah I see that's why so long to load the page.
I have an idea, maybe they want to tweak mybb code. Like, when user post a reply, automatically +1 on their post counter. Using PHP array maybe useful, I don't really know. And when it's end of the month, use cronjob to clean the list back into 0.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting