arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domain Name Promoos
It's quite hard to find domain names for cheap every since Godaddy stopped issuing their promo codes. But still there are good promo prices offers for various extensions by reputed registrars. I think it's good to have a thread for keeping list of these promos and post updates about new domain regitrations /transfer / renewal promos
Here's the Lastest NameCheap registration promo.
You can register  extensions, .bid , .trade, .webcam, .party, .science, .cricket, .faith, .date, .review, .accountant, .download, .racing, .win, .men, .stream for only  45 cents usd. You can register for 5 years for just 5.50 usd + 0.18x5. last one is ICCAN mandate fee.
.online, .club, .xyz for 99 cents.
.us 88 cent usd

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

What I have against Namecheap - particularly off late is that those promos come at the expense of pricey renewal rates. I'd rather pay a little more and know that the renewal rate will be more or less the same - such as one can find at Name Silo (for now), than get a great promo, and then having to renew at a steep price.

Mind you, one could probably transfer the Namecheap domain to Name Silo. Name Silo has a special where the transfer fee is directly applied for an additional year that they add to your domain. So yes, maybe that would work. Just hard work though.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@deanhills

What I found temping is those first batch of extensions come with one time pay 5 year renewal. So the total cost for next 5 years is 6.50 usd and they won't able to bother u for long long period of time. 5 years is a long time to decide if the domain is valuable to you or not. For people like me it's a perfect opportunity for my line of work.

At NameSilo do they take 2 years renewal for a transfer ? Technically there isn't a real domain transfer fee at any registrar. What they take as transfer fee is renewal for next year. They can't take 2 years of renewal money unless user allow them to. It should be just 1 year renewal.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(07-29-2018, 01:03 AM)xdude Wrote: At NameSilo do they take 2 years renewal for a transfer ? Technically there isn't a real domain transfer fee at any registrar. What they take as transfer fee is renewal for next year. They can't take 2 years of renewal money unless user allow them to. It should be just 1 year renewal.

They give 1 year renewal when you transfer to Namesilo. And also their renewal price is very cheap comparing to Namecheap and Godaddy.
https://www.namesilo.com/transfer.php
https://www.namesilo.com/pricing.php
namcecheap.com is perfect for domain buyers godaddy only give promocodes on buying first time next time onwards they dont provide promos to any customers
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

(07-29-2018, 01:03 AM)xdude Wrote: @deanhills

What I found temping is those first batch of extensions come with one time pay 5 year renewal. So the total cost for next 5 years is 6.50 usd and they won't able to bother u for long long period of time. 5 years is a long time to decide if the domain is valuable to you or not. For people like me it's a perfect opportunity for my line of work.

I was completely unaware of that.  I guess it may then be an idea to drop those domains and get similar named ones for 5 years instead of renewing them.  Definitely will work towards that for next year.
Terminal
(07-29-2018, 09:23 PM)deanhills Wrote: ...... I guess it may then be an idea to drop those domains and get similar named ones for 5 years instead of renewing them.  Definitely will work towards that for next year.

Yes you will save a few amount of money on the domain costs. But it will probably waste all your past SEO efforts on the original domains.

I suppose if your websites are making some reasonable profits after 5 years, it is better to renew the original domains accordingly.

(07-31-2018, 03:23 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: Yes you will save a few amount of money on the domain costs. But it will probably waste all your past SEO efforts on the original domains.

I suppose if your websites are making some reasonable profits after 5 years, it is better to renew the original domains accordingly.

These domains are not worth if you need good ranking on Google. It is very rare to see such domains having a good SEO. It would be good to use them as personal domain name.
(07-31-2018, 03:23 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: Yes you will save a few amount of money on the domain costs. But it will probably waste all your past SEO efforts on the original domains.

I'm not very seriously minded with SEO - mostly hobby domains and websites.  So don't think it will be a problem for me.  If it were serious though, I'd probably keep it at Namecheap and not fiddle around with the status quo.  I only have a handful of those category domains.  The rest were mostly acquired as a hobby and for fun.
Terminal
@Lampard Indeed correct, it is still best to use TOP TLDS for having a good results in SEO. They offer it for cheap to spread the domain around and get a traffic and once they reach a quote for sure these mostly indemand new extentions will surely increase it's price.
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting