arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question 
I'm planning to move to another VPS but I have game servers on it so how do I backup those game servers including users, MySQL databases and all settings so I can import them again when I get the new VPS? Big Grin
Take a screenshot from your servers id then download WINSCP > Connect to your vps> cd /home > Download the folder which is called "OGP_User_Files"
And to backup the mysql databases login as root at phpmyadmin and go to every MySQL database and extract to /var/phpMyAdmin/i cant remember but u will find it, its typed automatically.
Then go to this this location and download all the sql files. 
And here you are a small advice before you get the problem that i got. 
You will find at OGP_User_Files folders with numbers like 1,2,23,92 and etc
Rename them to 1(letter here) ex. 1b and etc because the another server will take the same id. 
Now how to get your server files back? 
There is a step when you add the port (finall step) u will find 
"Location: /home/OGP_User_Files/idhere" change that id to the id at your hosting 
ex. /home/OGP_User_Files/1b
Then the files of 1b will be setted to that server.
And the mysql go to phpmyadmin and upload them again.
AFAIK you can only backup your files and databases but not sure with the settings of your VPS, as your new VPS might have difference from the old one.
(08-02-2018, 09:38 AM)youssefbasha Wrote: Take a screenshot from your servers id then download WINSCP > Connect to your vps> cd /home > Download the folder which is called "OGP_User_Files"
And to backup the mysql databases login as root at phpmyadmin and go to every MySQL database and extract to /var/phpMyAdmin/i cant remember but u will find it, its typed automatically.
Then go to this this location and download all the sql files. 
And here you are a small advice before you get the problem that i got. 
You will find at OGP_User_Files folders with numbers like 1,2,23,92 and etc
Rename them to 1(letter here) ex. 1b and etc because the another server will take the same id. 
Now how to get your server files back? 
There is a step when you add the port (finall step) u will find 
"Location: /home/OGP_User_Files/idhere" change that id to the id at your hosting 
ex. /home/OGP_User_Files/1b
Then the files of 1b will be setted to that server.
And the mysql go to phpmyadmin and upload them again.

Thank you so much, I'm trying it now. Big Grin

(08-02-2018, 10:35 AM)Vuluts Wrote: AFAIK you can only backup your files and databases but not sure with the settings of your VPS, as your new VPS might have difference from the old one.

The I meant is the OGP configuration not the stuffs installed on the VPS. LOL wait, can we even backup VPS settings?:WaitWhat:
Just backup Panel and Agent both (included) gameserver and make sure agent is offline during this process. You need panel, agent with servers and database download and upload to your new VPS that's it.

1. Update your panel and agent both
2. Backup everything
3. Upload to your new VPS that's it.

but maybe OS might have the issue so i recommend use same OS and if you want to host panel in web shared hosting so you will face PHP version issue you can change PHP version in cPanel easily but some host doesn't support it i don't know why i tried 3 times on my personal cPanel account always got bug i mean everything but dashboard of the panel are bugged only white screen otherwise everything is fine.

The follow my old thread might can help you but don't forgot i asked OGP support to help me about Assigned 1 VPS agent and it's gameserver to new panel. https://opengamepanel.org/forum/viewthre...ad_id=6215
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting