arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vps1 suspended
Hello dynamo I want to say that my vps1 suspended again due to dandwidth usage 1024.45 extra usage & theblimit is 1024gb ,I really don't know how it used so much bandwidth, vps only hold 2 game servers both servers are not heavy both servers owners used 150 mb data I really want to know what had happen !
I drop my problem at shout box mostly say due to ddos attack it ddos attack is reason pls let me know the IP of the attacker so that I can ban them globally by taking support of MTA sa team
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

You should have started a Support Topic right away and ask help from staff. Anyway I would say shut down your vps (too late for that now) and check the logs and find which ips taking massive amount of Bandwidth. Ban those ips or ip ranges. Also setups your own Bandwidth limit that way it will get suspended by your limit which gives you a change to set things right rather than having provider suspends your account.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Thanks for suggest,its good suggest dude , I will limit bandwidth next time when vps will be unsuspend and reset

Keep watch on your bandwidth, and maybe limit the bandwidth. Also use fail2ban to know which IP DDOS-ing you. It also drop any connection that DDOS you.
Also don't forget to use UFW or IPTables, that firewall is really good. Only open which port you like, ex 80 for web server, 9987 for TS3 voice, etc.

Then, how to know which IP DDOS-ing you?
https://post4vps.com/thread-205.html
Open that thread, and look step number 9.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(08-28-2018, 02:50 AM)tiwil Wrote: Keep watch on your bandwidth, and maybe limit the bandwidth. Also use fail2ban to know which IP DDOS-ing you. It also drop any connection that DDOS you.
Also don't forget to use UFW or IPTables, that firewall is really good. Only open which port you like, ex 80 for web server, 9987 for TS3 voice, etc.

Then, how to know which IP DDOS-ing you?
https://post4vps.com/thread-205.html
Open that thread, and look step number 9.

Yes @tiwil , (D)Dos is the main problem!
Also, don't use any other game except SA-MP and MTA as they consume less RAM and bandwidth if less people are connected!

by the way @tiwil why don't you host your own game server on you vps as it has unlimited bandwidth and great RAM!
I have read your host TOS and they say that you can host a game server on your VPS!!
plz @tiwil make a samp server for our forum people to chill out there! Smile
Terminal
Thankyou Post4VPS, @Pacific Spirit (Hostlease) for a Free VPS!
+
Thankyou to @Neoon for a Free NanoKVM VPS
Connect your VPS with cloudflare services. and also use solid firewall setup. change good settings in iptables. also try to adopt a very useful custom ip and port rules program "ufw".
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
your vps itself is not suspended. your network has been taken out.
my advice is to wait next month and see what the problem is.
(08-28-2018, 04:08 AM)Amresh Wrote: by the way @tiwil why don't you host your own game server on you vps as it has unlimited bandwidth and great RAM!
I have read your host TOS and they say that you can host a game server on your VPS!!
plz @tiwil make a samp server for our forum people to chill out there! Smile

Not at the moment, sorry XD.
Just checked my VPS, there is still about 800MB of free RAM. But I've other thing to install and start, so I will take a look for this.
And also, I don't want to find and get any DDOS attack to my VPS (as Khadeer's problem right now) because I have gameserver.
Then also, I guess you already know, DDOS attack can make server down. That will effect all paid VM inside Cubedata.
And I don't want to annoy my own neighbours XD.
Thanks everyone for suggest but cloud ware only protects website not for game servers as much I know and I will follow all suggest you guys given me for next time

(08-28-2018, 05:26 AM)sagher Wrote: Connect your VPS with cloudflare services. and also use solid firewall setup. change good settings in iptables. also try to adopt a very useful custom ip and port rules program "ufw".

This will still never help the game server protect from DDoS, tbh there's no any good way to protection from DDoS even firewall may not work on big attacks. The only solution is the protection.
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
03-19-2018, 07:39 AM
Last Post: perry
04-21-2017, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Dynamo

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting