arrow_upward

[ADDED] Deleted Post Notification & Delay
Is it possible to send a notification when our posts get deleted? A notification for each post deleted? 

These notifications are automatically sent to our emails and since most of us have emails enabled in our phones so when we get an email we can simply go to the website and post the missing count.

I am asking for this since Admins only send a reminder message when it is 3 days away and most of us can be busy at that time.

I am asking for this because there are random post deletions and I usually complete my post requirement early but after 25 days or so my posts get randomly deleted and this is not fun. This happened to me many times and moderators delete posts when a person reports them. 

It will also be good to drop delay between posts to 30 seconds. You can simply remove it.
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
+1

Good Suggestion.I already advised here or maybe on another forum about it.But they said it is not necessary and rejected my suggestion.In past i worked on a VBulliten community and it was with great features. Here our Administrators are good programmers.They can easily create mod if there is not already scripted.I hope so Dynamo will add like he have added monthly post counter. Heart Dynamo

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
(09-22-2018, 01:27 PM)Golden Wrote: Is it possible to send a notification when our posts get deleted? A notification for each post deleted? 

These notifications are automatically sent to our emails and since most of us have emails enabled in our phones so when we get an email we can simply go to the website and post the missing count.

I am asking for this since Admins only send a reminder message when it is 3 days away and most of us can be busy at that time.

I am asking for this because there are random post deletions and I usually complete my post requirement early but after 25 days or so my posts get randomly deleted and this is not fun. This happened to me many times and moderators delete posts when a person reports them. 

It will also be good to drop delay between posts to 30 seconds. You can simply remove it.

remember that missing posts notifications is now automated.
when a post gets reported mostly they get removed as I've seen it was low quality/wrong cat/etc.

and for notification, because a post gets deleted is something up for yourself. you should know yourself that your post could be low quality.
Hello,
looks like users are concerned about their deletion of Low-Quality Posts.(though it should not like @perryoo11 said).
Anyways,
We have now added a Plugin in which Private message can be sent at events like:
merge threads
move thread
copy thread
redirect thread
split thread
change thread subject
delete post
delete poll
delete thread

For users who like to receive them as Email, have to manually enable a feature 'notify me by email when I receive a new Private Message.' which can be found at User Control Panel > Edit Options.

Any further suggestions are welcomed.

Regards,
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

That's brilliant @Dynamo. In all of my Forum life (since 2008) this is the very first time I've seen a Forum implement this.

Will it not be too heavy on resources though? Like what happens if it's a spammer and you want to delete all of his posts?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
A lot of thanks to Dynamo and Post4VPS for giving us a great community.
@deanhills a ban is better than deleting a spammer's post.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
@deanhills
This script doesn't instantly PM to users once the action has been performed, rather it saves the action and uses MyBB task feature to do the PM after some time that day.
This could make it a bit light for the forum, then also I would be monitoring it's fluctuations over the database.

@Rehan
That's what is done. Since there is no point of keeping a spammers Account active.
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

lockThread Closed 

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting