arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloudflare getting into domains!
I learned this from @coreyman at freevps.club yesterday:
(09-28-2018, 01:15 PM)coreyman Wrote: Well cloudflare is about to put a lot of people out of business. They are going to offer 'at cost' domains.
https://www.cloudflare.com/products/registrar/
Looks as though cloudflare is about to embark on the business of domains.  So in reality to go all out into competition with the popular registrars like Namecheap, Domain Silo, Daddy etc.  I think they're testing the ground first, as they're inviting people to write to them as an expression of interest to transfer their domains to Cloudflare, and then to be the "first" to be advised when Cloudflare start this.

Quote:Be one of the first to transfer your domains to Cloudflare. Sign up now and we will email you when the Early Access program officially opens.

Here's what it will cost to renew domains with Cloudflare.  They would like everyone to transfer their domains to them.  I don't think I'll be one of them though.  For me a Registrar is more than just a price.  I've developed loads of respect for DomainSilo and Namecheap.  Seeing is believing first.[Image: registrar_pricing__0.5x.png]
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I also came to know this yesterday from their announcement on their dashboard and signed up hoping for cheaper prices for ccTLDs, but honestly i am not thinking to move my domains right away as i am scared about them or specially its CEO i guess most of the guys already know the incident when he shutdown a website he didn't liked, i mean what the hell? what happen if he didn't like our domains and decided to delete them all? but its my assumption i can't say untill i try their domain registrar by myself. also namecheap recently moved their every bit of domains from enom to their own accredited registrar. I am bit concerned about letting cloudflare handling my domains as the registrar.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
Agreed @TrK

I'd like to see others have success with this system first before I make any changes to mine.  Like to move a domain from one Registrar to another Registrar is already a complicated process.  This process relies heavily on support by the destination Registrar - something that I haven't seen CloudFlare feature big in.  I went through a domain transfer a couple or more months ago when I moved two domains to DomainSilo.  I'm almost certain if it hadn't been for the excellent and fast turn around in real live customer support from DomainSilo that this could easily have turned into a horror show.  DomainSilo also has the transfer process automated, but they have experience in knowing that things can get stuck with those transfer codes.  DomainSilo have customer agents ready to push those through when pushing is needed.  They're experienced in that so next domain I transfer will probably be to DomainSilo.

So now look at a mega large CloudFlare who likes to automate everything - and possibly automate customer support as well.  I think they still have lots to work through and have to have proven themselves to me first before I'll even think of using their service.  Besides which, in one fell swoop they'll be putting small businesses out of business.  I don't like that either.  Maybe CloudFlare is getting too big for its boots as well.
Terminal
That's really nice but I don't think other businesses will go bankrupt, this is just business.
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
Just wait few days and see what happens. They are just doing that to push people to their premium services. Remember when there's no profit you can understand that the client is the product for them.
(10-23-2018, 10:24 PM)Lampard Wrote: Just wait few days and see what happens. They are just doing that to push people to their premium services. Remember when there's no profit you can understand that the client is the product for them.
I know there are many people who like them, but I have yet to develop a liking for Cloudflare.  What I hate about Cloudfalre is how intrusive it is.  I remember a few years back when Cloudflare was reasonably new, and I was an Admin of a Forum where I never had issues to get in, and actually got locked out by Cloudflare because of my IP of the time in the UAE. I wasn't the only one locked out, so we stopped using Cloudflare.

Since then, from time to time when people were raving about Cloudflare I tried it again, but maybe just because of bad luck, my location always seems to be out of reach of the Cloudflare hubs - it slowed things down for me.  Cloudflare may be good for some users, but not all of the users, and the last thing I'd like to do in my life is to move my domains to a vendor who wants to use me as a commodity to push me to their premium services.  I'd rather pay a little extra for my existing Domain Registrar.  Only part I like about this is that maybe Cloudflare "domain competition" will motivate existing Domain Registrars to restructure their pricing so the renewal fee is not as high - i.e. like instead of those VERY cheap new domain charges, up the new prices a little, to make the prices for renewal a little lower.
Terminal
Cloudflare can't yet compete Namecheap's price for .info domains. I have .info domains registered from Namecheap and they're just like for 2$ approx.
(10-24-2018, 02:11 PM)Manal Wrote: Cloudflare can't yet compete Namecheap's price for .info domains. I have .info domains registered from Namecheap and they're just like for 2$ approx.

Thats just the promo for limited time and for first year registrations. Normal pricing is always high which could be seen on renewals only.

@deanhills probably the big market like GoDaddy & Namecheap wouldn't do any changes to their pricing. GoDaddy renewal is so higher, and then it has millions of customers just because of its name.
I hate their Captcha's and its soo annoying. I don't get why people use it, It actually puts off people to use that website powered by Cloudflare. But I am sure Namecheap isn't going anywhere, Their deals are just hot and it doesn't really cost that much to renew either if you are sustaining a business
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
Domains from cloudflare is a great offer. hope so the package of security with domain is much better then you buy it separately. but the thing i like to know. which level of cloudflare protection is mention in $0.00? and what is DDos protection criteria.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-27-2017, 01:24 AM
Last Post: xdude

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting