arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Guys,
                      I need some help.I have a flash drive in warranty.I am facing some problems during using the flash drive.When i bought USB gave me 20+ mbps copying/moving speed but now it gives only some KB.Also computer detect it very late.It takes almost 30 seconds to get read.Since it has warranty i can claim.So i want to destroy it to claim a new one.So have you guys any idea how can i destroy it from Software.Hardware damage will not be accepted so tell me if you guys know any of method to destroy USB Drive from System.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
hey i think it can be problem of Virus, Malware or some other malicious files which sometimes(Most of the Cases) Reduces the speed of computer processing, Copying, Cutting and etc.....
I prefer you buying KASPERSKY Antivirus!!!!!(Best)
or if this is not the case of virus then i think prefer replacing it or repairing it!!!!!
Terminal
Thankyou Post4VPS, @Pacific Spirit (Hostlease) for a Free VPS!
+
Thankyou to @Neoon for a Free NanoKVM VPS
Did you try formatting your USB Flash Memory? Usually they slow down when there's some sort of virus in there. If its some legit problem then you should be able to claim warranty too without doing any damage to it.
I wouldn't do any damage to the USB if I were you. They may discover that you damaged it and it may reflect badly on you - you'd lose the USB permanently without any recourse. I'd just see someone who is in a position of power and let him know how unhappy you are that you can't use your USB. Ask him if he could fix it for you. He may have a special way of reformatting it for you.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Try doing a S.M.A.R.T test on it, also using CHKDSK on it and see if it can fix any error. It could be a USB port problem too. Try other ports.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
(10-22-2018, 10:11 PM)deanhills Wrote: I wouldn't do any damage to the USB if I were you.  They may discover that you damaged it and it may reflect badly on you - you'd lose the USB permanently without any recourse.  I'd just see someone who is in a position of power and let him know how unhappy you are that you can't use your USB.  Ask him if he could fix it for you.  He may have a special way of reformatting it for you.

Hmm.Thanks for your suggestion.Today i shall try to find any expert but i don't think there is in my city.I have a idea if i fail in fixing the Flash Drive problem.I shall delete the USB partition with a management tool ( Partition Guru ) and ask them to replace.I hope it will work but let me try fixing first.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
And these days USBs are very cheap. You can even consider buying a cheaper one from Online Chinese Websites, such large storage and at very affordable rate. But consider looking at Read/Write speed.
You should clean the USB with a utility software, it should make it faster and get rid of any problems you have!
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
(10-23-2018, 10:58 AM)Golden Wrote: You should clean the USB with a utility software, it should make it faster and get rid of any problems you have!
That sounds interesting @Golden.  So far I've only known about formatting a USB and was unaware of utility software to manage a USB.  What utility software do you recommend?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting