arrow_upward

Pages (3):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huh... Y'all are active again?
The last time I was here, it was pretty dead. So, I didn't stick around and make a bunch of posts.

(I'm a fairly prolific poster at other sites.)

So, when did things start picking up here? I suppose, I should probably start participating and leave the site open in a tab. That helps me remember to use certain sites.

While I'm here, what other tricks do you all use to remember to keep being active?
Happily sponsored by Shadow Hosting & Post4VPS!
welcome back !

i need no reminder. i have it daily use folder on bookmarks bar.

also im not a regular poster on any other site anymore.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(11-24-2018, 07:10 PM)rudra Wrote: welcome back !

i need no reminder. i have it daily use folder on bookmarks bar.

also im not a regular poster on any other site anymore.
Thank you for the welcome back.

However, I can't give up posting on other sites. One of them is where I host a weekly guitar thread and a bunch of us prepare all week to have something ready to share on the weekends. So, I can't really give up posting elsewhere.

I also contribute to some link-aggregator sites, similar to Reddit but not Reddit specifically, and they read a few of my sites that focus on music. If you can't guess, music has been a pretty large part of my life.

You can hear, if you want:

https://instaud.io/24ih
welcome back to Post4Vps!
How are you doing while not visiting Post4Vps?
Terminal
Solo Developer
(11-24-2018, 11:21 PM)chanalku91 Wrote: welcome back to Post4Vps!
How are you doing while not visiting Post4Vps?

Oh, I have lots of things that keep me busy. Hmm... If you'd like to see one of my projects, you can look at https://musicfor.us and many of my projects are pretty similar. Truth be told, I don't really even need a VPS for anything. I'l probably just use it to host yet another project.

I'm more or less retired, these days. I keep myself busy by participating in a variety of online activities or messing with the missus and the dog. We've also taken a young lady in and given her a home as well as a future. So, I keep pretty busy.

I'm not actually sure why I signed up here. LOL Not gonna pretend I need a VPS for anything valuable. I might use it to try a variety of programs out and do some development for some projects. There's the software that runs phuks.co that I would like to play with. I might do that.

I believe I'll need to have something public-facing, 'cause the free VPSes all seem to want a link back to them? I should probably ask that question, now that I think about it. Meh... I will, when I get to that stage.

I'm already a Linux user and I've used a VPS quite a bit in the past, so I think I'll be good to go. This will just be another new project. I'll find something creative to do with it!
You might have created your a/c for some offers, those who have the interest to keep up to date about offers and need a VPS won't forget this site now, especially some old providers retired from their service. I think you will stay active after you receive your first VPS from here. Actually, the domain "post4vps.com" is easy to remember.

Thank you  Sweet

(11-25-2018, 01:10 AM)Littlemaster Wrote: You might have created your a/c for some offers, those who have the interest to keep up to date about offers and need a VPS won't forget this site now, especially some old providers retired from their service. I think you will stay active after you receive your first VPS from here. Actually, the domain "post4vps.com" is easy to remember.

I have just opted to go with the "leave it open in a tab" route. Firefox will keep me aware of it!

(I use that system for a few important things, but it has kind of ballooned into six windows and like 100 tabs!)
i really liked reading your posts above. it has something very natural about it. very impressed by what you are doing with your time after retirement.

I have some questions for you. just out of curiosity..

where do you get so much content on music ? were you employed in that industry ?

how is your visitor base ? with all that ad.

a little more about the young lady please. like her background and her story after she came to you. her plans and behaviours and changes you see etc. just would like to know.

i hope you understand that it is quite safe given you dont reveal your real name and address.

thanks for joining us.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(11-25-2018, 03:17 AM)rudra Wrote: i really liked reading your posts above. it has something very natural about it. very impressed by what you are doing with your time after retirement.

I have some questions for you. just out of curiosity..

where do you get so much content on music ? were you employed in that industry ?

how is your visitor base ? with all that ad.

a little more about the young lady please. like her background and her story after she came to you. her plans and behaviours and changes you see etc. just would like to know.

i hope you understand that it is quite safe given you dont reveal your real name and address.

thanks for joining us.

It's a very, very long story. I'm fairly old and have done many things. Among those things was writing. I've done significant amounts of writing. Sometimes, people actually gave me money for this! That's nice, because I enjoy writing.

I have been involved in music since about the age of five. That's when I started formally studying, though my initial love was percussion. It wasn't until I was eleven that I'd decide to learn to play the guitar. I am a classical guitarist by training.

You can hear a sample here:
https://instaud.io/2ew4

At the end of this year, I'll have been playing for a full five decades. As such, I've frequently been in the music industry, including performing to this day, though at a greatly reduced rate. For a part of my life, I was a "session musician." That basically means I sat in the studio and made music on demand for various recording artists. No, it's an hourly or session gig. I didn't make a lot of money doing that.

The young lady was someone who was in a rather bad home situation and simply needed a way out. We were able to provide that for her. She's since become, more or less, attached at the hip! She's actually been studying guitar with me and is getting to be quite good, considering the length of time that she has been learning.

You can hear both of us here:
https://instaud.io/2W1T

Much more than that, I'm not really at liberty to say - where it concerns her. That is her tale to tell and it is not up to me to disclose it. I will say that she's a good kid and she's quite an eager student.

We live in the remote mountains of Maine, a state in the northeastern part of the United States. The days are short and the ground is covered in snow. The air is crisp and Nature takes her rest. It's a beautiful place and I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be.
thank you very much.
i like piano and flute. but classical guitar sounds great too. what is good about me is im not tone deaf, thank god. but never tried learning any and i regret that when i listen to songs.

today i listened to sound of silence and autumn leaves ... instrumental yes.. piano . you can share links if you have played them.

i like to read about other people, their thoughts and lives. it does not matter whether they are famous or not. everyone has a unique inner world. i like to see and know the world their way... every way possible. the world the way we know it is only there in our minds.

please write more. write whatever you like and as much as you can. i will read. you have a way with it.

take care
Pages (3):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting