arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quality Post Score Clarrification?
I've read the various announcement threads and found a few threads where people asked questions, but this question hasn't been answered. If it has, I haven't been able to find it.

Let's say I have a quality post score of 13.34. (In fact, I do did as I write this!)

Does this mean I can get credit for 13 (I'd guess it'd be rounded down) posts per day? I'm not too worried. I'll hit your minimum threshold pretty easily! I'm a prolific poster. It's what I do!

Anyhow, I still don't get how that works. If I missed a thread that makes that clear, could someone share that link with me? Thanks.
Happily sponsored by Shadow Hosting & Post4VPS!
i will try to give a basic idea to the best of my understanding.

the score depends on word count. longer posts award you with more scores.

now people can post one liners and score for the first 4 (if i remember correctly) posts each day (one liners getting flagged and removed as low quality post is a totally different topic). after that, they will have to score higher than 4 (or is it green score colour?) in the last post to get the score of the current one get added to their total.

that is what i remember at least. hope someone comes along with better explanation....
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(11-25-2018, 06:48 PM)rudra Wrote: i will try to give a basic idea to the best of my understanding.

the score depends on word count. longer posts award you with more scores.

now people can post one liners and score for the first 4 (if i remember correctly) posts each day (one liners getting flagged and removed as low quality post is a totally different topic). after that, they will have to score higher than 4 (or is it green score colour?) in the last post to get the score of the current one get added to their total.

that is what i remember at least. hope someone comes along with better explanation....

Yeah, I got that much. It's the specific value of the points that has me curious. I have absolutely no idea what those points signify *specifically*.

Thanks, though. I've trawled through the message board looking for an answer to that specific question and didn't find it. I'm sure an admin has to know, though I suppose they may not wish to disclose it.

At the end of the day, it's not really all that important. 'Snot like I'll have trouble reaching those points. No, no... I'll have enough posts in short order - and I'll easily be able to keep up with the monthly requirements. Posting long diatribes and novellas is my stock and trade! It's about time I get something for my effort!

I'm pretty much going to get a VPS for shitposting! Sweet! It's not like I'm doing anything better at this time!
hahaha. i wonder how those diatribes might be like. though i have no wish to be on the receiving end.

i dont check post counter except when i busy. i know i will post way more than required of me and some will score at least.

meaning of the specific number you say...they are like word count. not post count and stops one from doing 20 one liners to do the quota in a day. though prolific writers might easily do that in a day.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(11-25-2018, 06:08 PM)KGIII Wrote: I've read the various announcement threads and found a few threads where people asked questions, but this question hasn't been answered. If it has, I haven't been able to find it.

Let's say I have a quality post score of 13.34. (In fact, I do did as I write this!)

Does this mean I can get credit for 13 (I'd guess it'd be rounded down) posts per day? I'm not too worried. I'll hit your minimum threshold pretty easily! I'm a prolific poster. It's what I do!

Anyhow, I still don't get how that works. If I missed a thread that makes that clear, could someone share that link with me? Thanks.
I don't think the value is as significant as the color of the stat.  The stat resets every day.  When the quality stat gets to 3 it turns green.  

What prompted that stat was @Dynamo's goal to get rid of spam posts that are made by members on the last day of the month in a race to make their 20 posts.  There were a few members who were making all of their posts on almost the last day, in quick succession to the equivalent of one-liner spam posts.  Dynamo and the staff then decided to limit the number of posts a member can make to 4 posts per day. Some members complained and he then went to considerable effort to find a way whereby quality posters would not be impacted. Where the quality stat comes in, if one has reached past 3 quality points and the points turn green, then all posts that are made in excess of the four quality posts get added.  This way @Dynamo wants to ensure quality contributors don't get penalized at the expense of the target group with low quality posts whose posts have been marked for cut off at 4 posts.

You can read more about this in Dynamo's Announcement about the Quality Points and his post:
https://post4vps.com/thread-2341-post-22...l#pid22199
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(11-25-2018, 10:18 PM)deanhills Wrote: I don't think the value is as significant as the color of the stat.  The stat resets every day.  When the quality stat gets to 3 it turns green.  

What prompted that stat was @Dynamo's goal to get rid of spam posts that are made by members on the last day of the month in a race to make their 20 posts.  There were a few members who were making all of their posts on almost the last day, in quick succession to the equivalent of one-liner spam posts.  Dynamo and the staff then decided to limit the number of posts a member can make to 4 posts per day. Some members complained and he then went to considerable effort to find a way whereby quality posters would not be impacted. Where the quality stat comes in, if one has reached past 3 quality points and the points turn green, then all posts that are made in excess of the four quality posts get added.  This way @Dynamo wants to ensure quality contributors don't get penalized at the expense of the target group with low quality posts whose posts have been marked for cut off at 4 posts.

You can read more about this in Dynamo's Announcement about the Quality Points and his post:
https://post4vps.com/thread-2341-post-22...l#pid22199

Yup! Thanks! I already read that thread and it didn't quite spell out what *exactly* the numbers reference.

At the end of the day, it's pretty much a moot point. I'm not much for one-liners and I'm able to be a pretty prolific poster. Of course, my ego insists that all my posts are awesome! ;-)

I think I have finally decided what to do with my VPS, when I get one. I'm going to work on developing one of the Reddit clone scripts and see what I can do with it. It will just be for development/fun. I don't think any of the VPS offerings really offer enough to make it truly public facing.

Seeing as I'm here, can I ask you a question?

When it says they want a backlink to the various sites, where am I supposed to put those - if there's no public facing website on the VPS? I see quite a few people put them in their signature. Is that the expected behavior? (Thanks and I realize it's an off-topic question, but I'm pretty curious.)
Well I think you don't it unless you have a published website. You can put those links in forum signature. After all if there is no website you can't put a back-link. But There is another way. If you do have a blog then you can make a review about the host4vps and the sponsor with black-links to them. You can do this in a your own blog or even as a social media post. I have done that several times. Also you can post about the sponsor it relevant threads here. For example I noticed by vps sponsor has a Black Friday offer so I posted it in Black Friday offers thread.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(11-25-2018, 11:03 PM)KGIII Wrote: Seeing as I'm here, can I ask you a question?

When it says they want a backlink to the various sites, where am I supposed to put those - if there's no public facing website on the VPS? I see quite a few people put them in their signature. Is that the expected behavior? (Thanks and I realize it's an off-topic question, but I'm pretty curious.)
The expectation is to give credit wherever you can for both post4vps.com and the sponsor and to support them so that they get out of the sponsorship deal that which is logical. I haven't seen this being monitored though. Most people including myself put a link in our signatures. Irony is that there's just enough space in my signature to give credit to both and nothing more. I also created a blog that pays tribute to post4vps and the sponsor of my VPS. To create a WordPress blog is effortless. For me at any rate. Even if you are doing other things with the VPS I'm almost certain there's always space for a blog as well.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(11-26-2018, 01:01 AM)xdude Wrote: Well I think you don't it unless you have a published website. You can put those links in forum signature.  After all if there is no website you can't put a back-link. But There is another way. If you do have a blog then you can make a review about the host4vps and the sponsor with black-links to them. You can do this in a your own blog or even as a social media post. I have done that several times. Also you can post about the sponsor it relevant threads here. For example I noticed by vps sponsor has a Black Friday offer so I posted it in Black Friday offers thread.

Hmm... I have all sorts of sites I can promote them on, actually. They just won't be on their server. I'll also add them to my signature, as that seems to be the way things get done around here.

Right now, it's looking pretty likely that I'll get an adequate post count. If I have anything, it's the gift of gab!

(11-26-2018, 07:29 AM)deanhills Wrote: The expectation is to give credit wherever you can for both post4vps.com and the sponsor and to support them so that they get out of the sponsorship deal that which is logical.  I haven't seen this being monitored though.  Most people including myself put a link in our signatures.  Irony is that there's just enough space in my signature to give credit to both and nothing more.  I also created a blog that pays tribute to post4vps and the sponsor of my VPS.  To create a WordPress blog is effortless.  For me at any rate.  Even if you are doing other things with the VPS I'm almost certain there's always space for a blog as well.

I can do that! I have a variety of sites that I can thank them on. That's not a problem. I can also thank them here, which I'm certain I will do. I am planning on installing a web server on the VPS, so I might as well throw a front-facing site up there and thank them there, as well.

I just want to know the standards that I am expected to uphold. I am agreeing to do so, but I need to know *how* to do that and meet their expectations. I'm quite grateful that they'll give me a VPS just for shitposting! It's something I already do! It's nice to get rewarded for it and I am pretty grateful.

I do appreciate the responses, thanks!
I don't know, but i think if you have a website you need to give them a link regardless it's not in the sponsored severed. I remember Admin asking me about the link when my vps had no Web Server running. Putting it in signature is just an extra. But I think @Dynamo should clear this.

Personally I don't think Signature link has much use for the sponsor. They have their links in forum already so what they might like is an outside unique back-link. They are paying at least couple of usd for giving us each vps for free so I think its fair enough.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-06-2016, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Nova

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting