arrow_upward

Pages (2):
[ADDED] Is a music category out of the question?
It seems specific enough to warrant its own category.

I admit my bias, as I'm a musician. However, many of the people on post4vps are from other areas of the world and I'm quite interested in their take on music.

I think a music category might make an excellent addition. I'd even be willing to help get it started with some content.

And, again, I admit my bias. I'm very, very interested in music.

If this wouldn't be attractive to multiple other users, than I can understand not including it and I'll just consider making music posts in the general category.
Happily sponsored by Shadow Hosting & Post4VPS!
I don't think we need to create a special board for music.We already have some boards for these type of things like " General, Off Topics ".There are two threads about Movies and Drama Series in general.You should create a thread in that board.A new board only for the music is useless.
It is better to make a thread about "what are you listening" or whatever you want in General Board.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
I wish thee was a dedicated board for general web hosting discussions. After all this forum is about web hosting and I think it would be nice to have a Catch All type board for it. These General and Off Topic boards are bit too loose. I think posts in both boards are same stuff. If you look at board descriptions, those give kinda same idea too. )

I don't know if we need a board about Music. It's not like we getting several new music related topics everyday. ))

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

I would support this if @KGIII is interested to post some of his "music" works in here Smile.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
I think too many categories can clutter this forum and I do understand a need of Music category as there's none but I don't think there's enough interest to garner enough topics to create a category in the first place. This could change but as of now I do not see much interest expect you and few others
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite
(11-27-2018, 02:25 AM)xdude Wrote: It's not like we getting several new music related topics everyday. ))

LOL Well you might get several new music related threads (probably not every day, by me at least) if you did have one! ;-)

To you and the rest, I admit my bias. Music is a very important part of me. I love to share music, learn about music, teach about music, etc...

That is pretty much my favorite topic.

We humans have been making music, probably since we climbed down from the trees. It probably began with some early human banging two rocks together. Pretty soon, they were grunting and banging rocks in an effort to impress the women. Not long after, one of 'em decided to use two rocks and the bitchin' solo was invented.

All cultures share music. There are almost no festivals, no celebrations, without music. Music is something we humans have done for as long as we've been humans, maybe even before we were humans.

I love me some music discussion - but the more generic categories will work, if there's not enough interest in a music category. To put it into perspective, I spent four hours with a guitar in my hands - today. That's how much I love music.
@KGIII
Dyam !! How many hours are there in a day where you at ? You are a lucky man. Anyone who can place a sound on the music scale just by listening is very lucky. Though now that i think about it , it is more hardwork than luck.
I support your idea of a music forum or subforum. The prolific writer that you are , im quite sure it will have many important threads in no time.
Though my suggestion would be to use other forums to repost and expand on your articles from other sites. Cause basically this type of sites not always live long enough or get hacked...whatever.. so i would want your writings still out there after all that.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(11-27-2018, 04:59 AM)rudra Wrote: @KGIII  
Dyam !! How many hours are there in a day where you at ? You are a lucky man. Anyone who can place a sound on the music scale just by listening is very lucky. Though now that i think about it , it is more hardwork than luck.
I support your idea of a music forum or subforum. The prolific writer that you are , im quite sure it will have many important threads in no time.
Though my suggestion would be to use other forums to repost and expand on your articles from other sites. Cause basically this type of sites not always live long enough or get hacked...whatever.. so i would want your writings still out there after all that.

Oh, I'm very diligent about keeping backups of all my stuff. On top of that, the sites I have (the important ones) are hosted with reliable companies.

And, I'm not just mostly retired, I'm also injured and unable to do much. Normally, I'm actually a little busy. Right now, I can't go very far 'cause of the broken femur. That pretty much limits my ability to do anything other than use crutches or a wheelchair around the house. 'Snot like I'm going out hiking and taking pictures!

It's actually a little frustrating. The recovery process is expected to take 12 to 18 months. It's only been a little less than five weeks. I'm already starting to get tired of staying in the house.

I also have severe insomnia issues. I don't sleep very much. Right now, it's 00:05. I have been awake since about 05:30, yesterday. I do get lots of drugs to help me sleep, but they don't work very well after I build up a tolerance. They also make me groggy and feel like I have a hangover the following day. I do not like that.

So, I don't sleep much. That's okay, really. I'm used to it. I find it just gives me more time to do things I enjoy doing.

I am sixty years old. I'm almost sixty one. If I slept 8 hours a day, that'd mean I'd have spent 20 years asleep! Screw that! Not sleeping gives me more time to enjoy the good years of my life.
I don't think it's a bad idea to have a separate arts section including music. Maybe post4vps can experiment with it and see whether it takes off. If it doesn't work, the staff can always merge it back with "General" later.

Maybe the Arts Forum can include other creative arts like graphics arts, creative video including youtube projects, animated art, etc. Would be nice for the Arts Sub-Forum to have its own tutorial section, software for arts and a reference section for where to get art. If this section works out, and one finds artists participating, we could even think of running a competition of sorts.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(11-27-2018, 01:54 PM)deanhills Wrote: I don't think it's a bad idea to have a separate arts section including music.  Maybe post4vps can experiment with it and see whether it takes off.  If it doesn't work, the staff can always merge it back with "General" later.  

Maybe the Arts Forum can include other creative arts like graphics arts, creative video including youtube projects, animated art, etc.  Would be nice for the Arts Sub-Forum to have its own tutorial section, software for arts and a reference section for where to get art. If this section works out, and one finds artists participating, we could even think of running a competition of sorts.

It has taken me a while to respond (I've responded to other stuff and some PMs) because I wanted to think about your suggestion.

I actually agree with you. I think an "Arts" category would be better than just a more specific "Music" category. The reason is, it invites more people to get involved and there's a much broader audience. If it takes off and it becomes an active category, they can always add sub-categories as needed/wanted.

As such, I'd like to formally change my request and have an "Arts" category added! I think that's a wonderful idea AND I am very certain that it can be both productive and educational. I absolutely love answering music questions and I'm sure someone here is a qualified graphic designer and another one edits videos. I bet a few draw, some have painted, and even a few write poetry or prose.

The broader category of Arts is a much better idea than the very specific category of Music, at least for the time being!

Your idea is brilliant and I approve!

Alas, I think only a few of us are interested in this and I don't think the admins are all that interested. Maybe I can bribe 'em by going around the site's default pages and correcting all the English mistakes? I'll put work in for it and earn us an Arts category!
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-02-2020, 12:29 AM
Last Post: tiwil

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting