arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to hear something amusing?
I just realized that there's no way in hell I'm going to have time to put good use to a VPS for some time.

I really can't use it to its peak capacity. I can't do it justice. I don't have time.

So, I'm not actually going to request a VPS this month. No. Let it go to someone who will actually use it better than I will.

I'm still gonna post, however. I should have time after the new year.
Happily sponsored by Shadow Hosting & Post4VPS!
Thats good if you care for others.But what is the main reason of creating this thread? Its good that you have informed newbies but you should not create a spare thread for just a word.You should use shoutbox.First i thought i should report the post but then i realised i should just advice you.

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
(11-29-2018, 09:32 PM)KGIII Wrote: I just realized that there's no way in hell I'm going to have time to put good use to a VPS for some time.

I really can't use it to its peak capacity. I can't do it justice. I don't have time.

So, I'm not actually going to request a VPS this month. No. Let it go to someone who will actually use it better than I will.

I'm still gonna post, however. I should have time after the new year.

I'm almost certain not everyone is using their VPS to its peak capacity. It's not only about that for us. It's the thrill of being completely in control - well almost completely in control - depending on how the VPS is sliced. It's about the learning experience in how to manage a VPS by yourself and to try new things. I don't think anyone really checks on the use of your VPS.

As far as I can see post4vps is sitting very good with new VPSs. I'm sure the owner and staff would love for you to try one out just so they can get your feedback. If you check the regular members here who are posting, there are more VPSs available than what there are members competing for them. So if you are going to withhold your application, it's not going to make a huge difference to any one.

Most of all it's fun. And a hobby. And a new shared learning experience. I learn new things here at the Forum almost daily.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(11-30-2018, 10:49 AM)deanhills Wrote: I'm almost certain not everyone is using their VPS to its peak capacity.  It's not only about that for us.  It's the thrill of being completely in control - well almost completely in control - depending on how the VPS is sliced.  It's about the learning experience in how to manage a VPS by yourself and to try new things.  I don't think anyone really checks on the use of your VPS.

As far as I can see post4vps is sitting very good with new VPSs.  I'm sure the owner and staff would love for you to try one out just so they can get your feedback.  If you check the regular members here who are posting, there are more VPSs available than what there are members competing for them.  So if you are going to withhold your application, it's not going to make a huge difference to any one.

Most of all it's fun. And a hobby.  And a new shared learning experience.  I learn new things here at the Forum almost daily.

See? And that strange character up above was going on about a shoutbox thing. LOL

Thank you. I'll consider changing my mind, but I figure it's gonna take a lot of time to get it set up and secured. That sort of thing. I won't have time for much of that. It's the holiday season.
Perhaps you can still apply for one.

You may just state explicitly in your request that admins can consider it as a lower priority, and if someone else requests for the same VPS, you let it go to him/her.

So, it will not affect anyone who may have better use than yours.

Yeah, @deanhills convinced me to still apply for one. I'll just apply for a big one, so if I don't get it this month then I'm comfortable waiting for another month.

I also am now a bit confused. I had ample posts last month, but now those posts are gone. I didn't note the number of posts that I had last month and they haven't done their contest thing yet. So, I have no idea what's going on - nor do I know if I'm required to make a bunch of posts between now and when they do open the contest.

I don't suppose someone else knows what's going on?
(12-03-2018, 03:11 AM)KGIII Wrote: I also am now a bit confused. I had ample posts last month, but now those posts are gone. I didn't note the number of posts that I had last month and they haven't done their contest thing yet. So, I have no idea what's going on......

Your posts are not gone. All are still visible if you check your own post history.

It was just the Monthly Posts count was reset from the beginning of this month.

At the time of this writing, your Monthly Posts count is 2 and Total Posts count is 53. So, you had made 51 posts before this month and all your posts, including the previous ones, are counted for calculating your total Credits.

(12-03-2018, 05:07 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Your posts are not gone. All are still visible if you check your own post history.

It was just the Monthly Posts count was reset from the beginning of this month.

At the time of this writing, your Monthly Posts count is 2 and Total Posts count is 53. So, you had made 51 posts before this month and all your posts, including the previous ones, are counted for calculating your total Credits.

Yeah, I get that much. But, now my monthly post count is not high enough. If they do the giveaway today, for example, I've only got a *monthly* post count of 2 (well three, now). That's where my confusion is, I suppose.
you need 25 posts total count minimum [along with 100$ min score and 0 warning level] to get a vps and 20 posts monthly minimum thereafter to keep it. it us easy really. Also i think you should go for multiple VPS. even the smallest one here is capable of hosting multiple websites. We go for big just for the fun of it. but it does not take much to host even a very active site unless you are running huge db and huge number of pageviews for thousands each second.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
Star 
(12-03-2018, 03:50 PM)rudra Wrote: you need 25 posts total count minimum [along with 100$ min score and 0 warning level] to get a vps and 20 posts monthly minimum thereafter to keep it. it us easy really. Also i think you should go for multiple VPS. even the smallest one here is capable of hosting multiple websites. We go for big just for the fun of it. but it does not take much to host even a very active site unless you are running huge db and huge number of pageviews for thousands each second.

Alright.

Maybe I'm not being clear.

When is the giveaway?

The thread that I read said it was usually around the 28th of the month. There was no giveaway notice on the 28th of November. Now, it's a new month - and I don't have those 20 points. So, if they give away the VPS on the 7th, I'm probably not going to have this month's required 20 points.

That's where I'm confused. Does that make any more sense?
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting