arrow_upward

Pages (4):
[Event Suggestion] Monthly contest
Greetings, As we all can see forum getting days by day we have 15 VPS plans with more then 30 in quantity but still active members are countable on fingers and we cannot implement 2 VPS per user as @deanhillslready suggest about 2 VPSs per user, I agree with dynamo on that suggestion i think 2 vps per user is one of the biggest reason shut down of freevps.us.

Isn't post contest if you thinking about it, I've already suggest most poster of the month will get bla bla bla etc read suggestion here.

This is Monthly contest, There is 2 types;
1. Most viewed thread of the month.
2. Most replied thread of the month.

Whoever post tutorial,blog etc and his/her thread get most viewed/Replied. He/She will be winner of month and next and winner have special rank on the forum. Features of the rank mentioned below.

Rank called "VIP" (not sponsor one we should rename sponsor rank to "Sponsor")

Features of the Special Rank:

Obviously there will be 2 ranks for both type of contest and both's prize will be different.

Most Replied thread of the month
1. 15 Posts required on monthly requirement
2. There will be new categories will be introduce soon where only senior member can post who have at least 1K points. On these category member of that rank can post and advertise his/her time or whatever it depend on kind of category.
3. 100$ points reward, We will make points useful soon.

Most Viewed thread of the month
1. That rank allow member to post unlimited posts/day there will be no condition of 4 posts /day (obviously not spam)
2. There will be new categories will be introduce soon where only senior member can post who have at least 1K points. On these category member of that rank can post and advertise his/her time or whatever it depend on kind of category.
3. 100$ points reward, We will make points useful soon.

With your thinking we can improve that idea, so please share your thoughts down below.
Thanks
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

Sumimasen
May I Send Questions
1. So that means that each user can get 2 vps but with the terms of fulfilling the post requirements and threads requirements with many views?
Terminal
Solo Developer
(12-04-2018, 10:41 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: Sumimasen
May I Send Questions
1. So that means that each user can get 2 vps but with the terms of fulfilling the post requirements and threads requirements with many views?

I think you haven't read thread, please read it carefully i just said i we cannot implement 2 VPS per user.
Suggestion is Most viewed and/or replied thread of the month contest.
Terminal
Best Regards,

Disagree with point 2 on winner reward (for both, as 2 and 3 are actually same).

For what does people with $1K advertise thing there? I don't think that will be useful. And, there is not too many people with more than $1K that's pretty active around here. It will not really matter.

And, I also disagree with most viewed winner number 1, view is easy, you can just use proxy or other thing, then view the topic, counted +1. AFAIK, if I revisited the page, it will also count 2 or more. So then, if you give them unlimited posts/day, I think it'll be a spam instead of nice post.

One more, most replied thread, if people wanted to win, they will create another thread instead of replying, and they don't want to reply.. Or, they will create a clickbait (for most viewed) thread. (Like free Amazon VPS without CC, it's really a clickbait for free user).

Otherwise, I liked this idea.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(12-04-2018, 11:22 AM)tiwil Wrote: Disagree with point 2 on winner reward (for both, as 2 and 3 are actually same).

For what does people with $1K advertise thing there? I don't think that will be useful. And, there is not too many people with more than $1K that's pretty active around here. It will not really matter.

And, I also disagree with most viewed winner number 1, view is easy, you can just use proxy or other thing, then view the topic, counted +1. AFAIK, if I revisited the page, it will also count 2 or more. So then, if you give them unlimited posts/day, I think it'll be a spam instead of nice post.

One more, most replied thread, if people wanted to win, they will create another thread instead of replying, and they don't want to reply.. Or, they will create a clickbait (for most viewed) thread. (Like free Amazon VPS without CC, it's really a clickbait for free user).

Otherwise, I liked this idea.

agree with you but please don't focus on prize yet we can decide prizes later but first understand concept. I agree with you about views but it's possible if we have plugin or something that only count 1 view per IP, Proxy isn't allowed already if anyone else use for anything he/she will be punished.

about replied obviously there will be rules.

I just want to see if people like that contest so we can decide prizes and added rules.
Terminal
Best Regards,

@arsalahmed786 Not a bad suggestion. Definitely a better suggestion than competing on number of posts. Traffic generated from threads is definitely a good way to go for measuring value added through posts that have been made. I'd keep it to just one evaluation though - traffic and replies generated at the same time and score them for one award. Replies received are implicit in traffic any way. Thread with most traffic would probably turn out to be a thread with a large number of replies received as well. But for the purpose of the competition you could score both categories for the overall winner in points. Work a way of scoring points for each of the two categories - and the winner would be the one with the most points collectively earned in the two categories.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
awesome idea. i think you should implement it separately.

scoring can be done by first sorting for active users with more than 14 posts [if post benefit becomes part of the award] or 19. Next you find most viewed and most replied on those selected. but here is the issue. you can not calculate using total views and replies. Im sure you can count monthly replies from reply dates.

But how are you going to get monthly views ? dont think that is kept in db for each thread.

i hope you understand why you should not calculate on total but monthly stats .. so that every user, irrespective of old or new, gets equal shot at winning each month.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
@deanhills, sure we can choose the winner from overall score of both categories. All we need support to this idea and share creative ideas to improve that event.
Terminal
Best Regards,

(12-04-2018, 11:38 AM)arsalahmed786 Wrote: agree with you but please don't focus on prize yet we can decide prizes later but first understand concept. I agree with you about views but it's possible if we have plugin or something that only count 1 view per IP, Proxy isn't allowed already if anyone else use for anything he/she will be punished.

about replied obviously there will be rules.

I just want to see if people like that contest so we can decide prizes and added rules.

It is a gap
What if every viewer is an enemy who uses a guest account and they use a proxy! That can be a slander for the right
Additional
how if the viewer is registered Only
Terminal
Solo Developer
What do you mean by "we will make points useful soon"?
I have a good suggestion for it
We can do a market board and we can sell virtual things (like webhosting / vps) with these points
Pages (4):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
12-31-2020, 11:08 PM
Last Post: deanhills
04-07-2019, 10:35 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting