arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contabo VPS (1.99 Euro - 2.27 US$ based on Year Subscription)
Contabo is an excellent provider of Dedicated Servers, VPSs, Colocation and Domains.  It has two large datacenters in Germany.  Contabo has been around since 2003 under management of two german partners Michael Herpich and Michael Bölke.  

Background
How I got to know about this company is Gigarocket has been using their services since October of this year. The owner of Gigarocket has a great nose for really good deals - we've changed three times this year.  From OVH to Kimsufi in July and then from Kimsufi to Contabo in October.  In each case the reason for the move was to get a better deal and lower cost, but irony is that we went from excellent quality with OVH Server (we were providing VPSs at this time), to even better with Kimsufi (we got a Junior OVH server with enormous specs at an unbelievable low rate - however of course only one IP), and Contabo VPS is so far the best out of the three. With the last change to Contabo the move had already been completed before we realized everyone had been moved. Turn around in support at Contabo is super fast (support and tech service quality at OVH was very poor and at Kimsufi the admin there were honest and up front about not providing admin support except on a super tech level).  To tell the truth we haven't needed any support from Contabo since installation, installation was effortless.  The Contabo guys are very high tech, know their products inside out and can be recommended with confidence.  What you see on their Website is what you get.  

VPS Pricing for Lowest Range Contabo VPS 300
In the price range for cheap VPSs, Contabo will only qualify for cheap if you subscribe for one year.  Otherwise a one-off installation charge of 9 Euro is charged on top of the first month rental of 3.99 Euro.  Their beginner VPS, which to me feels more like middle of the range specs, is 23.88 Euro (27.26 US $) per annum (no installation charge) - which works out to 1.99 Euro (2.27 US $) per month.

Basic specs of the above Contabo VPS 300 include the following:

CPU: two cores
4 GB RAM (guaranteed)
300 GB disk space (SSD-boosted)
SSD boost (SSD Acceleration is included by default)
Unlimited traffic!
100 Mbit/s port
No restrictions, no throttling
DDoS protection

Live support every day, 365 days a year via e-mail and telephone
Root access
Reboot web interface (customer control panel) (preview)
OS reinstall console
VNC access
1 IP address included (additional IPs available upon request)
/64 IPv6 network included

VPS Templates
The following templates are available for installation:

Cent OS 7
Cent OS 6
Debian 9
Debian 8
Ubuntu 18.04
Ubuntu 16.04
Ubuntu 18.10
Fedora 29
openSUSE Leap 15.0
FreeBSD 11.1
Arch Linux

Windows Server 2012 is available at 5.99 Euro/month extra. As far as I could see from the Terms and Conditions of Hosting (below) Contabo has a strict adherence to Microsoft's license requirements.  I doubt one would be able to do the trial license thing.

Games Server Policy
Contabo allows games servers on all of their servers and VPSs.  It's worth reading their Terms and Conditions of Hosting below as typical restrictions apply such as overuse of resources.  Bottom line, one has to follow the rules of Germany with regard to the content of one's VPS - Germany is quite strict with their rules and regulations.  For me the rules are fair, but perhaps not for Game Server owners who may be used to pushing the limits of resource and content rules.  

Terms & Conditions
Following are the Terms and Conditions of Hosting and FAQs:

Contabo Terms and Conditions of Hosting
Contabo FAQs
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Contabo is really great since they changed the restrictions when you use 50mb/s for a long time period.

I have almost got a deal. But ended up not to.
For me contabo is also a + for me.
Never heard of them but will check out now thanks to deanhills Smile
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting