arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free SSL Certificates From letsencrypt
Well...Hello all.
Maybe some of know about an upcoming CA, Lets Encrypt.
Currently they are in the closed beta stage.
They will be available for 'public' beta from the 3rd of December.
https://letsencrypt.org/
Well, if anyone has been selected for the beta and could generate a cert successfully or if anyone has any comments, ideas or suggestions about this program (Free SSL), please comment below...
Already heard about this project. Seems to be really promising. Hope to generate a cert on the 3rd of December, unfortunately I am no beta tester.
Good luck on this, I might want to get in.
Do you need a key or no?
I'm a closed beta participant but wasn't able to run the client because python version requirements

it needs 2.7 and CentOS6 has 2.6
Tried installing 2.7 but still didnt work

Well they are currently implementing support for it
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
Same here, Conan.
That is why currently I have WoSign Certs...

Well, RJ also has that certificate on his web hosting website
servewebhosting.com
Also got a invite but no luck in CentOS also lost my access to startcom, well i am thinking about my own Certification authority but it needs more things specially that Audit reports are hard to create without a automation feature. Anyone knows how Audit reports works or how can i create them.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
(11-18-2015, 03:41 AM)TrK Wrote: Also got a invite but no luck in CentOS also lost my access to startcom, well i am thinking about my own Certification authority but it needs more things specially that Audit reports are hard to create without a automation feature. Anyone knows how Audit reports works or how can i create them.

How do you want to get trusted by browsers?
(11-18-2015, 05:20 PM)RickB Wrote:
(11-18-2015, 03:41 AM)TrK Wrote: Also got a invite but no luck in CentOS also lost my access to startcom, well i am thinking about my own Certification authority but it needs more things specially that Audit reports are hard to create without a automation feature. Anyone knows how Audit reports works or how can i create them.

All OS providers and Mozilla certification base support that thing, They will ask me to provide Company/Organization info, two authors full info including their residential address and mobile info, monthly audit reports of certificates(that i dont know how to do it), one root and two sub authority certificates, and other things. When i submitted all the requested content they will add my root certificate to their Trusted root certification authority area, and all certificate generated by me will be supported by browsers as well as OS.
(11-19-2015, 03:29 AM)TrK Wrote:

All OS providers and Mozilla certification base support that thing, They will ask me to provide Company/Organization info, two authors full info including their residential address and mobile info, monthly audit reports of certificates(that i dont know how to do it), one root and two sub authority certificates, and other things. When i submitted all the requested content they will add my root certificate to their Trusted root certification authority area, and all certificate generated by me will be supported by browsers as well as OS.

They won't approve it easily. Unless you're a big company.
And you need to spend atleast $10,000 to be trusted. You need to have a lot of servers.
You need to invest a huge amount of money.
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
(11-22-2015, 10:44 AM)Conan Wrote:
(11-19-2015, 03:29 AM)TrK Wrote:

They won't approve it easily. Unless you're a big company.
And you need to spend atleast $10,000 to be trusted. You need to have a lot of servers.
You need to invest a huge amount of money.

Without a huge investment we cant create a trust organization for certification and other things, i also need a Powerful certification management system that can handle requests and also a OCSP verification server. How about cross signed from another organization maybe no one supports that things or maybe yes damn this is really pain full to start Certification authority and make to be trusted by all OS and browser.

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting