arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtualizor Admin Install vs Client OS Reinstall + failed port number change?
So last night I was working as Admin in Virtualizor.  It's been newly set up by a geek Administrator.

When I created the account and then accessed the VPS at root, once you typed in "root" and asked for a password name then it comes up with something like:

[root@shortname ~]

I then unsuccessfully tried to change the port number.  Like it was easy to change the port number with NANO and I checked after and it was OK - including removing the hash tag (just in case you were wondering).  However, when I tried to SSH with Putty, the Window didn't want to come up (I did replace the 22 in Putty with the new number).  Zero access.  The port number I chose was 53219 - was that a too big number?  Or is there something one needs to set up with Virtualizor to make the port number change possible?

Anyway, I then had a great opportunity to test the OS reinstall for the client and after reinstall I'm of course back to the original port 22.  There's just one nag for me and this is after one types in "root" after the reinstall, it hesitates on it for a long time - like hanging there - as though it is searching for something in the background that is not there before it finally comes up with asking for the password.  And instead of coming up with [root@shortname ~] when it asks for a password it only comes up with [root] without the shortname attached to it.

Is there something one has to configure in Virtualizor for the reinstall of an OS that could be missing?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-12-2015, 02:13 PM
Last Post: catfan

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting