arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone suggest an Imgur alternative for creating screenshots with instant URL?
I've been using Imgur for years for making screenshots, and find it usually time consuming as I have to first make the screen shot with my Windows 7 snipping tool, then get Imgur up, login, navigate to images and then upload the image.  

Can any one suggest a quicker and easier way to make screenshots so a URL of the screenshot is created instantly?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
i guess for that it would have to be an installable software. Do you want to go that way ?
I usually press printscreen. what I think you could do is bind a shell script to that key so that it automate the whole process and sends the link to clipboard. For that the service should have freely accessible API interface.
I am rarely using computer for the last month or so. Im kinda in the middle of finishing some things. But I hope to find something for you.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
I suggest the Lightshot Software!
All the features you say are in it!
Starting from the screenshot, Until sharing the Screenshot to the Internet through the software
I recommend this software because of the ease of taking screenshots in Crop mode
Terminal
Solo Developer
Did you try any tool from here: https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles...-for-Imgur

Many different OS platforms are supported. For linux, it can be as easy as uploading files using curl.

But there are quite some of them that should work on other platforms including Windows.

Hope this helps. Smile

Thanks very much for the assistance.  @chanalku91uggestion is brilliant.  Like the software looks harmless - very simple and fast to install (so far anyway) and it works brilliant with the press of Print Screen only.  There's a little menu that appears at the bottom of the screen where you can get an instant URL for posting the print screen.  Exactly what I was hoping for.

Think I'll also check out for Imgur apps, but for now I'm well served with Lightshot Print Screen.  it's really light!  Cool

It's great, but unfortunately the Lightshot tool won't work for creating tutorials.  As it loads Lightshot with the screenshot.  Guess my next step is to look for an Imgur app - checked out @tryp4vps's suggestion and found an app for Windows - but am in two minds as not sure whether there will be some viruses with this one.  Guess if they submit it to Imgur it should be OK?

https://prnt.sc/mm5npz

Source: https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles...-for-Imgur

OK that worked!  It led me to this download page:
https://bryankeiren.com/easyimgur/#downloads

However, of course there's a risk involved here.  I took it but maybe you'll pause and think about it first before you take the plunge.   Thinking  

It's a Windows app.  Once downloaded you have to set it up to work with your account by providing it with your Imgur user name and password. Note the app is in your Windows Icon Tray - you'll have to search for it to work with it.  And right click over the app icon in the tray to get the options to work with. From then onwards you can use the app to send the file or image from clipboard to your Imgur account for processing into a link.  The clipboard is a bit of a hit and miss as I get some "fails" with it but getting it from a file straight to your account so far worked flawlessly and very fast every time. Quality of the image is not of the best though.  Don't know why.  It still is a project in progress.  Will see how it works when I post my next tutorial.
Terminal
(02-17-2019, 06:01 AM)deanhills Wrote: Thanks very much for the assistance.  @chanalku91uggestion is brilliant.  Like the software looks harmless - very simple and fast to install (so far anyway) and it works brilliant with the press of Print Screen only.  There's a little menu that appears at the bottom of the screen where you can get an instant URL for posting the print screen.  Exactly what I was hoping for.

Think I'll also check out for Imgur apps, but for now I'm well served with Lightshot Print Screen.  it's really light!  Cool

It's great, but unfortunately the Lightshot tool won't work for creating tutorials.  As it loads Lightshot with the screenshot.  Guess my next step is to look for an Imgur app - checked out @tryp4vps's suggestion and found an app for Windows - but am in two minds as not sure whether there will be some viruses with this one.  Guess if they submit it to Imgur it should be OK?

https://prnt.sc/mm5npz

Source: https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles...-for-Imgur

OK that worked!  It led me to this download page:
https://bryankeiren.com/easyimgur/#downloads

However, of course there's a risk involved here.  I took it but maybe you'll pause and think about it first before you take the plunge.   Thinking  

It's a Windows app.  Once downloaded you have to set it up to work with your account by providing it with your Imgur user name and password. Note the app is in your Windows Icon Tray - you'll have to search for it to work with it.  And right click over the app icon in the tray to get the options to work with. From then onwards you can use the app to send the file or image from clipboard to your Imgur account for processing into a link.  The clipboard is a bit of a hit and miss as I get some "fails" with it but getting it from a file straight to your account so far worked flawlessly and very fast every time. Quality of the image is not of the best though.  Don't know why.  It still is a project in progress.  Will see how it works when I post my next tutorial.
Well, it's nice to be able to help you!
May you be happy!
And maybe tutorial will be useful
Hmm Maybe this thread has finished
Terminal
Solo Developer
(02-18-2019, 12:17 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: Well, it's nice to be able to help you!
May you be happy!
And maybe tutorial will be useful
Hmm Maybe this thread has finished

That is a pleasure thanks @chanalku91.  I'm going to keep the thread open just in case someone else comes with a better suggestion.  The one I'm working with right now and been using for the last day is EasyImgur.  It's supposed to work directly with the ClipBoard but it doesn't.  But once I've used my snipping tool and saved the image, that works perfect with the EasyImgur tool.  It goes straight to my Imgur account, Imgur processes it into a URL immediately and the resulting URL appears in my EasyImgur app dashboard.
Terminal
(02-18-2019, 04:17 AM)deanhills Wrote: That is a pleasure thanks @chanalku91.  I'm going to keep the thread open just in case someone else comes with a better suggestion.  The one I'm working with right now and been using for the last day is EasyImgur.  It's supposed to work directly with the ClipBoard but it doesn't.  But once I've used my snipping tool and saved the image, that works perfect with the EasyImgur tool.  It goes straight to my Imgur account, Imgur processes it into a URL immediately and the resulting URL appears in my EasyImgur app dashboard.

Hmm Ideas With EasyImgur are good too!
I will try it when creating my new content on Youtube  Cool
Terminal
Solo Developer
(02-17-2019, 06:01 AM)deanhills Wrote: .... but am in two minds as not sure whether there will be some viruses with this one.  Guess if they submit it to Imgur it should be OK?

No one can tell. But Imgur already protect themselves by stating that "all third party tools are not affiliated by, or supported by Imgur".

As a general rule, you should always scan for virus before you run any Windows executables on your desktop.

And the one you choose is open-sourced. You might inspect the source code if you want. https://github.com/bkeiren/EasyImgur

You could even create a new dummy Imgur account just for testing the tools you worry about.

(02-18-2019, 04:11 PM)tryp4vps Wrote: No one can tell. But Imgur already protect themselves by stating that "all third party tools are not affiliated by, or supported by Imgur".

As a general rule, you should always scan for virus before you run any Windows executables on your desktop.

And the one you choose is open-sourced. You might inspect the source code if you want. https://github.com/bkeiren/EasyImgur

You could even create a new dummy Imgur account just for testing the tools you worry about.

Thanks @tryp4vps. I think I'm OK with the app - EasyImgur and have been using it for a few days now. I don't use it with Clipboard, but it's easy to use the snip tool, save the image as a file, and then I use the EasyImgur to send it to Imgur. Am very happy with it so far. Hopefully it's safe, as one had to provide the user name and password in the setup, and there's a code involved too. Not sure what the worst is that can happen, but so far so good.
Terminal

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting