arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 deletes apps without asking
Many users were complaining because Microsoft deletes Windows 10 users' applications without permission or approval. 

The official statement is that the programs were no longer compatible with the latest version of the system. They wanted to prevent system crashes. The problem is not with it, but the method, meaning that the company did it without a question.
However, Microsoft has already indicated that it is included in the ToS (Terms of Service) to remove programs considered as dangerous.

They removed programs from users PCs such as system information, monitoring tools CPU-Z and Speccy, and the video card software AMD Catalyst Control Center. 

Source: http://venturebeat.com/2015/11/23/windows-10s-fall-update-is-deleting-certain-apps-without-asking/
Well that sucks.
I was planning to upgrade my pc to Windows 10 in December.

I think a patch will come out to stop it. (Probably some random dev will make one)
http://FreeVPS.club - Free VPSs!
I have been wondering where my database backup went and noticed later that Windows removed it. I think it is just stupid, atleast they need to know what is dangerous or not.
Windows 10 is completely bullshit! It's like a keylogger and microsoft can track your keystrokes, your speech, and more.
Check this thread : http://www.pcworld.com/article/2974057/w...s-one.html
Windows 10 is NSA controlled software don't use it.
(12-14-2015, 11:10 AM)macfarez Wrote: Windows 10 is NASA controlled software don't use it/

Do you know that what is NASA?
NASA = The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is the United States government agency responsible for the civilianspace program as well as aeronautics and aerospace research.
(12-14-2015, 02:29 PM)Dudi Wrote:
(12-14-2015, 11:10 AM)macfarez Wrote: Windows 10 is NASA controlled software don't use it/

Do you know that what is NASA?
NASA = The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is the United States government agency responsible for the civilianspace program as well as aeronautics and aerospace research.

I Meant NSA.
Even though it's included in the ToS, Microsoft has been taking liberties with Windows 10 that make me cringe.  I've seen Remote Access Trojans with less ability to do damage to your PC than Microsoft's currently half baked Windows 10 OS.  I've been using Windows 7 for years and have absolutely no inclination to update to Windows 10.  I skipped 8 and 8.1 entirely because of the badly designed UI that made most people'd PC look like a cross between an overgrown tablet and a poorly designed art-deco mosaic mess...

Sorry Microsoft but you seem to have forgotten that a User should have the final say in what happens to their hardware/software, not the OS.  For all the hype, Windows 10 has fallen way short of my expectations and if they keep going in the direction of a fully automated OS that tells the user what's good for them I'm sure Windows 7 will be the last Microsoft OS to ever be installed on any of my machines...

Windows 10 is buggy, pushy, and down right obnoxious even before you install it.  Every morning I am greeted with their stupid "Upgrade Now For Free" pop-up which drives me absolutely crazy.  The fact they're having so much trouble even giving the OS away for free should have been their first clue that most users who know how to use their PC's don't want it in it's current form.

It's only saving grace was changing the GUI back to a more Windows 7ish feel but even then it's still far from ready for wide spread use.  Microsoft's new MO seems to be all about false promises and a failure to deliver.  I fully understand the need to overhaul OS's now and again to make sure they can support changes in the industry but what Microsoft still doesn't seem to understand yet is the age old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" :dodgy:
Believe it or not, I'm running on windows 10.

I haven't had a problem with my OS uninstalling applications without my approval.

Thanks for the heads up about this, I'll keep an eye on it.
Wired, I am currently happy with my Windows 10 TH2.
This update has a lot of improvents like Memory compression, disk performance.
It's worth to try!
VIP Linux VPS 2$/month (25$/year 60$/2 years)
1 GB RAM 20 GB Storage 500 GB Bandwidth(50Mbit) 1 core 1 IPv4 1 IPv6
facebook.com/SnoOpyMinhThang
snoopy-xserver.com
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting