arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Domain Name Provider
I came across this provider 3 or 4 days ago and was originally a bit skeptical about a registering several free domain names with only my e-mail address and very basic information (no credit card required) but 4 days later the site seems legit enough.  I was able to register 4 free domains that state they're good for an entire year and the sign up process only took me a few minutes.

The provider is located at : https://my.freenom.com and they're offering free '.cf .ga .gq .ml' domains for a full year upon sign up.  They offer other paid services but their free domain names worked like a charm.  Within 24 hours of signing up and updating my records to point my free domains to a test website, everything seems to be working as expected.

As a disclaimer I wanted to let everyone know I have never used their services before and can't vouch for their long term stability but the sign up process was easy and painless so I wanted to share them with the other members here.  It never hurts to have a few spare domain names up your sleeve and you definitely can't beat free these days. 

If anyone else has experience with this provider please let me know what your experience with them has been.  Having just signed up 4 days ago all I can really vouch for is that my newly registered domains seem to work as advertised and redirected right to my test site once the DNS records were updated.
Smile
Don't use them. They are scammers. They will steal your domain name if it is successful.
Exclamation 
(12-16-2015, 05:32 PM)Dudi Wrote: Don't use them. They are scammers. They will steal your domain name if it is successful.

After reading your warning I did a little more digging and found that a lot of users encountered issues with them as well as soon as their site started generating a reasonable amount of traffic...   Sad  Several said their domains are still up and functional but many of them had smaller/low traffic sites.  It seems that most people who managed to pull in a reasonable amount of traffic had their domains cancelled or seized for supposed ToS violations (some with and some without warning).

I guess I'll have to chalk this one up to a lesson learned.  If it seems Too easy or Too good to be true, then it probably is...

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm glad I only pointed them towards a WIX test site before actually trying to use them for something important.
They recently deleted massive amount of domains if your domain stay inactive for two or four weeks they will delete your domain.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
You can get 5 free  .ovh  domains from OVH.

Coupon code: OVHPARTNERS

[font='lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif]https://www.ovh.co.uk/domains/[/font]
to say freenom has banned my home ip so i can't create any domains anymore with them.
(12-17-2015, 01:32 PM)perryoo11 Wrote: to say freenom has banned my home ip so i can't create any domains anymore with them.

Use a VPN then my personal favorite is Zenmate VPN cause its fast, free and have 4 locations to switch. Try it as they banned your IP not your account.
(12-17-2015, 09:44 AM)Dudi Wrote: You can get 5 free  .ovh  domains from OVH.

Coupon code: OVHPARTNERS

[font='lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma, sans-serif]https://www.ovh.co.uk/domains/[/font]

@Dudi

Thanks for the awesome tip and coupon code for OVH! I'll definitely check them out today. I've already managed to get a few domains registered in the the US but those will be my first domains in the UK. I had been hoping to eventually round up a few international domains and setup some private overseas proxies.

You guys rock!
(12-17-2015, 01:47 PM)TrK Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 01:32 PM)perryoo11 Wrote: to say freenom has banned my home ip so i can't create any domains anymore with them.

Use a VPN then my personal favorite is Zenmate VPN cause its fast, free and have 4 locations to switch. Try it as they banned your IP not your account.

usless my account there is banned too.
(12-18-2015, 09:13 AM)perryoo11 Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 01:47 PM)TrK Wrote:

usless my account there is banned too.

Same as they banned my first account cause i got 20000+ hits per day on my domains i thought i will share a ultimate free subdomain providers list soon.
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting